Diamond Black 2019 1.2 Elite Garden Ornament

Post pictures of your Vauxhall Grandland here
oliverb

Post by oliverb »

My 2019 1.2 Elite on delivery day.

Grandland-XForum1400.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi oliverb and Welcome to the Forum. The car looks great.
I see the cat decided to join the photo as well 🤣
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Black does look great when freshly washed and polished. A real PIA to keep on top of though, shows every swirl (from experience with a black Discovery 3).
1.2 SE ,8 speed auto, 2019, metallic Ruby red.
oliverb

Post by oliverb »

Hi everyone. Yeah black looks wonderful when waxed and polished - my previous cars was a Corsa Black Edition so I know the pitfalls of black. The other colour I would have gone for was Moonstone Grey.
I hate cleaning cars so get a mobile wash and wax every now and then and after that I try not to touch the paint when washing. I just snow foam the car leave a few mins and then rinse off. The only bit I do by hand is the wheels.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

oliverb wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:47 am Hi everyone. Yeah black looks wonderful when waxed and polished - my previous cars was a Corsa Black Edition so I know the pitfalls of black. The other colour I would have gone for was Moonstone Grey.
I hate cleaning cars so get a mobile wash and wax every now and then and after that I try not to touch the paint when washing. I just snow foam the car leave a few mins and then rinse off. The only bit I do by hand is the wheels.
Which snow foam do you use? I've recently purchased a pressure washer and after checking all sorts of reviews went for Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. Not the cheapest or thickest foam but appears to be by far most effective on dirt in several comparison videos.

Tomorrow will be clean day for my baby blue. Pressure wash it first time and then hand wash it with some Diamondbrite car shampoo that I have left laying around. Will try my best to clean the interior as well.

By the way, your car looks brilliant with all that nature round it. Cat did a good job photobombing it. :D
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Snow foam is only a pre wash, so a contact wash is required to clean the car. I find the Diamondbrite shampoo is to be a good product, sometimes pre wash with Autoglym polar blast if very dirty.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
oliverb

Post by oliverb »

I use Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam. Followed by a rinse off with the pressue washer/hose. If the car is just dusty I just rinse off with a hose for a couple of mins. This only really works if you have a good wax coating on the paint in the first place.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post