Grandland X Sports Nav 130.... it's here!!

Post pictures of your Vauxhall Grandland here
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I emailed On-Star today and they've confirmed the Data package is restricted to Vodafone only. Not at all happy about this. I've used Vodafone in the past for my Business and was not impressed with their coverage, customer service or speeds!! I've been with EE for several years now for Business use with no complaints & my personal mobile is with 3, again no complaints

Does anyone know if On-Star will work without the expensive Vodafone sim?

I refuse to pay £120 for something I can get for £27.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Now found out that On-Star works without the need for the Vodafone data sim. I'm on my on in my car for 95% of the time so I can't think that the wi-fi hot spot will be of any use to me anyway.
bigmikeyc1

Post by bigmikeyc1 »

Not too happy either i get 25gb for £25on my phone. They claim cause its a bigger antenna you'll get a better signal. Suppose 100 for 50gb over 12mo isnt too bad.
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Phone On-Star yesterday and the operator said that On-Star is locked to Vodafone at the moment but that may change in the future.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

lizzyfan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:36 am Phone On-Star yesterday and the operator said that On-Star is locked to Vodafone at the moment but that may change in the future.
Apparently Onstar are taking the data plan service in house.... tomorrow (20 Feb)! Which means that it will all be in one place via Onstar and you won't need to register with Vodafone. Whether this means that they might give us better data plans I don't know.

While on the call I also found out that my 3gb free data trial hadn't yet been activated by OS.... I said how weird because I've been getting data this last week... so Onstar said they'd start it again... so another free 3gb yay!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Interesting. Hopefully it'll all be sorted & settled by the time my Grandland arrives and I register with On-Star for their services.

1 week gone, 11 to go.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post