Grandland X Sports Nav 130.... it's here!!

Post pictures of your Vauxhall Grandland here
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Yes the Grandland liner was already in the boot, along with Grandland branded mats too. Worth negotiating into the deal for sure!

My son and wife were laying down on the back seat star gazing the other night through the panoramic roof, I realised when the salesman told me I wouldnt benefit from it that he was totally right haha.

However, I was in the front listening to Rainbow 'StarGazer' very loudly so I was equally happy. The base audio system has great sharp and clear sound, Im not sure how the Denon upgrade might differ but Im happy with it.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

That's good news about the sound system as I was worried it was going to be of poor quality. I have my music on all the while in the car so good sound is important. 'StarGazer' eh, classic tune !!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

My DAB is firmly tuned to Planet Rock ;)

I'm still getting use to the Infotainment system tbh, but Android Auto is an absolute must. The sound to me is far superior to the Antara or insignia stock systems. I'd considered shelling put for the Denon but they didn't have one I could compare in the showroom and no doubt my taste in music wouldn't have gone down well hehe.
Jase
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Not too sure this forum is a good idea. It seems like I placed my Grandland order weeks ago but it was only last Saturday!!

I've had the email to register with on-star. I'm prob going to fit a 12 month/12gig data sim from 3 when the three months free trial from Vodafone expires. They can be bought off E-Bay for about £30.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

lizzyfan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 pm Not too sure this forum is a good idea. It seems like I placed my Grandland order weeks ago but it was only last Saturday!!

I've had the email to register with on-star. I'm prob going to fit a 12 month/12gig data sim from 3 when the three months free trial from Vodafone expires. They can be bought off E-Bay for about £30.
Call it preparation....I had 4 days to prepare and make the choice on the deal I got, but Id been round all the garages and seen comparable cars, but this was the one.

Ah - on data plans.....Id read that for £100 you could get a 50gb plan.....VX seem to have locked all the plans in to Vodaphone though? Im gonna check eBay though - got a link? My family eat data plans for breakfast....literally! Im on the 3b free trial now but only activated it the day I picked up the car to make sure I got the full 3 months! I only activated the OnStar a couple of days previously, thats a free years contract before they charge you the next time. Ive used it once to ask a query about the car and it was great - spoke to someone in Holland by the sounds of his accent I think? Bizarre but fun.
Jase
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

This is the one I'm looking at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-PAYG-4 ... 1438.l2649

It states in the Grandland X brochure 'You can purchase Wi-Fi Hotspot data packages separately form the nominated network provider by following instructions on vauxhall.co.uk/onstar'
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Coming from an Astra with OnStar and data, unless it has changed you can't change the sim or provider, so you are stuck with Vodafone, the best being £100 for 50gb, there is £10 for 1gb or £20 for 10gb
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Atariman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:00 pm Coming from an Astra with OnStar and data, unless it has changed you can't change the sim or provider, so you are stuck with Vodafone, the best being £100 for 50gb, there is £10 for 1gb or £20 for 10gb
Thanks for confirming that - I thought Id read it someplace? Vodaphone it is then.....I suppose thats not such a bad price in comparison to monthly PAYG contracts....
Jase
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I will not be pleased if I'm restricted to only the Vodafone network for wi-fi access in my new Grandland X. The 3 sim I'm looking at is £27 for 12gig which lasts up to 12 months, a hell of a lot cheaper than a monthly Vodafone plan. I think an email to on-star to ask that question is needed. I'll send it now.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

If its same as the Astra, then it is Vodafone only, 50gb for £100 is the cheapest yearly cost, and for me I have only used 3gb since end of June last year, but if you have the 1gb the month it would cost you £120 for the year for just 12gb, I don't mind the cost its not to bad, the only thing I wish Vodafone would do is let the data be share across more cars, as I was told yesterday you can only have 1 can on the plan and as I now will have 3-4 months free, I will not use up what I paid for on my astra.

I can add the Grandland but its no point till the free trial ends.
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post