20 plate grandland X Elite nav various issues

Post pictures of your Vauxhall Grandland here
Bigrobxxx

Post by Bigrobxxx »

1, Air con gets warm when sitting in traffic even with stop start switched off
2, blowing exhaust or manifold this is very loud engine sounds like an un serviced v6...
3, radio keeps loosing an hour
4, radio looses preset stations intermittently
5, radio intermittently shows the Vauxhall logo when driving along
6, Apple car play keeps dropping out intermittently
7,block in fuel tank maybe as it only takes roughly £50 to fill it up and then it does not last long.
8, windows don’t go all the way down in the back they stop short and sit uneven.
9, reversing beeping will trigger the car is close to something when in fact their is nothing there, this is intermittent and can get annoying
10, sometimes the car won’t pull away because it won’t release the hand brake, I have to open and reclose the drivers door
11, Manuel child locks...... it says in the Manuel you can put them on manually but I can’t see how
12, RDS on the radio does not work I have followed the instructions in the Manuel but it still does not work
13, bonnet release catch in the Manuel it states the bonnet release catch is behind the drivers door it’s missing in my car
14, car intermittently showing get engine fixed on dash board when first started and engine management light stays on for some time, but does seem to reset itself after a while or a short time.
15, if you get a phone call via the hands free Apple car play the radio looses its radio station and you then have to retune the radio to get it back.
16, radio will start playing music from my phone via Apple car play after I have received or made a phone call, I then have to stop the car to turn this off safely due to the radio system not responding.
17, auto windscreen wipers have to be turned on when it rains and wiper speed adjustment has to be adjusted depending on severity of the rain fall...... this is supposed to be a convenient system???

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Bigrobxxx wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:30 pm 1, Air con gets warm when sitting in traffic even with stop start switched off. Is it cold when driving ?

2, blowing exhaust or manifold this is very loud engine sounds like an un serviced v6... Do you go over many speed Bumps? As It could of already been loose and made worse by this

3, radio keeps loosing an hour 4, radio looses preset stations intermittently 5, radio intermittently shows the Vauxhall logo when driving along
6, Apple car play keeps dropping out intermittently 12, RDS on the radio does not work I have followed the instructions in the Manuel but it still does not work 15, if you get a phone call via the hands free Apple car play the radio looses its radio station and you then have to retune the radio to get it back. 16, radio will start playing music from my phone via Apple car play after I have received or made a phone call, I then have to stop the car to turn this off safely due to the radio system not responding.

Sounds like it needs a software/Firmware upgrade is needed.

7,block in fuel tank maybe as it only takes roughly £50 to fill it up and then it does not last long. It only costs me around this to fill my Petrol Grandland x.
Is it Diesel or petrol ? Manual or Auto?

8, windows don’t go all the way down in the back they stop short and sit uneven.
If you hold the window buttons down on each door and then hold them on the drivers side this usually resets them.

9, reversing beeping will trigger the car is close to something when in fact their is nothing there, this is intermittent and can get annoying
This could be that there is too much paint on the sensors. i would try cleaning all the sensors and turn the system on and off again via the Nav screen

10, sometimes the car won’t pull away because it won’t release the hand brake, I have to open and reclose the drivers door
This could be a Software issue again. Its wort booking it into the dealership.

11, Manuel child locks...... it says in the Manuel you can put them on manually but I can’t see how
Page 28 and 29 in Handbook/manual show how to do this.

13, bonnet release catch in the Manuel it states the bonnet release catch is behind the drivers door it’s missing in my car
The Bonnet release catch is on the passenger side by the glovebox as you open the door.

14, car intermittently showing get engine fixed on dash board when first started and engine management light stays on for some time, but does seem to reset itself after a while or a short time.
It worth getting the car booked into a dealership as it may have a fault. It could also be it has had an issue and the car has resolved it but becuase the fault code is still in the system it would cause it to show intermittently.

17, auto windscreen wipers have to be turned on when it rains and wiper speed adjustment has to be adjusted depending on severity of the rain fall...... this is supposed to be a convenient system???

It you click up one notch and leave it there it will keep the wipers on Auto. If you then adjust it to the speed you want them it should then automatically work when it rains.

Hope this helps
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Bigrobxxx

Post by Bigrobxxx »

Hi thank you with regard to the Air con it works better if it’s Early morning when driving however if I get in the car and drive when it when the outside temperature is over 21 degrees then it seems to blow Luke warmish I do find if i squirt the wash fluid the air con works better for 22 seconds as the air con compressor goes up a gear but only for 22 seconds then it goes back to blowing Luke warm!!
I tried what you said with the auto windscreen setting however it reverts back to normal when you turn the engine off it does seem the car has mostly electrical faults... it’s going into the garage on Tuesday but I don’t hold out much hope especially when I asked to service guy on the phone why the engine was a bit noisy and he replied it’s a 3 cylinder engine and what do I expect???

Well see Tuesday and I will keep you updated
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi, It might be the compressor is not working correctly or even though its a new car its running out of Gas. It seems like a lot of electrical issues which hopefully will be fixed by a software update and Firmware update. The windscreen wiper even left on auto it then reverts back to a different setting?

I wouldnt let them get out of it as its a brand new car. I would write a list of whats wrong and take it on the day aswell. If you leave a copy in the car and with the service department they cant say you didnt let them know all the issues. Hope they sort it on Tuesday for you :)
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Bigrobxxx

Post by Bigrobxxx »

Ok an update
The garage have said they done a software update on my radio interlink system but nothing has changed I also managed to get onto the software version and not sure tho what it means.... could anybody please please shed some light on it????

Thank you

F05EEFAA-A7F8-4EAE-A611-9FDCA26519F9.jpeg

nallen132

Post by nallen132 »

I believe the latest version of the firmware is 21-08-84-12_NAC-r0 so I doubt they have updated it
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Child locks:

Screenshot_20201222_210305.jpg

Screenshot_20201222_195212.jpg

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

£50 worth of petrol is about 45 litres and the tank holds 53 litres. About the correct time to top up with 8 litre left in. (80 miles 'ish)
How many miles does the trip say you do between fill ups and what economy?
Mcwarrior19

Post by Mcwarrior19 »

The auto windscreen wipers always turn off when the engine is stopped, its a safety feature in case the wipers are frozen to the screen. You just need to flick from manual back to auto, and there ok.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post