Done 2,000miles and get this

Post pictures of your Vauxhall Grandland here
Bigrobxxx

Post by Bigrobxxx »

Keep getting this message

A29F3C6D-75C5-4656-87B8-56AB7C79FAD5.jpeg

exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Hi, I kept getting the same message took it to the dealer and the car went in for "investigation". Twice it was supposed to be fixed but it happened again. I got the RAC out and they told me that it was a software problem and the software needed updating. I took the car back to the dealer and told them what the RAC had told me. I said I want the car fixing this time and I don't want the car back until it is done. They had the car in for nine working days and they were in contact with Vauxhall. I've had the car back a week and the message hasn't reappeared! But the stop start is still playing up. . A couple of other faults have shown but disappeared before I could read it so the car will be going back in.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

If you are not hitting the 90 deg temperature, could it be a problematic thermostat?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
JNG

Post by JNG »

The trouble with the lockdown and cars is that some will be standing for long periods or just doing short journeys. The battery will lose power if the car is not used enough to keep the voltage up. It's worth getting a multimeter and checking the voltage on the battery. If the reading is under 12.6 volts then the battery strength is low. My Grandland has done 2.3 K since new in March last year. Not enough to keep the battery up to speed. So I check it every two weeks or the day before I need to use it. Generally the reading is about 12.3 volts which equates to around 50%. I use a Ring auto battery charger on slow charge which switches off when the battery is fully charged and avoids overcharging. I understand that Stop/start will be automatically disabled for several reasons one being low battery and another, low ambient temperature. Every now and then I confess to doing a round trip of at least 20 miles when returning from a medical appointment 5 miles away to give the whole system a nice little workout including a decent battery charge.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post