firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Re: firmware/satnav updates

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi Mark.C

That's not the latest version of the maps.

Copy the link below into a word document and press enter which should highlight it Blue. Then right click it and open the link. This should then start a download process in your Browser. This will give you the latest version which is 18.0.0

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE2.tar

Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Did you ever get your car back with the updates done?
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5

exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes the car was in for nine working days! I was told that it was on direct link to Vauxhall who did all the work. I have still had a couple of minor probs, stop start going off for a couple of days and yesterday I had to press the footbrake to move in reverse. Had no probs with turbo not working or silly reports of drivers door open when it is shut. Hopefully it will be ok now. I really love the car unlike some owners who hate theirs.

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi GLX

Tried your instructions, it just takes me straight to the TOM TOM homescreen. Even when I search it on the built in units it gives the Vauxhall. I click on it and it takes me straight to the Vauxhall website, log in and it is still only 2019-Q3..

Why can't things be simple
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Mark.C

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE2.tar

It cant be copying the link right. Try copying the link again into a Word Document and pressing enter after pasting it. It should then Highlight Blue.
Then try right clicking the link on the Word Document which should let you open the hyperlink in your browser and it should download it. If this does not work try copying the now highlighted link in the Word Document back to the browser.

Vauxhall arent even aware that version 18 is out.

Luka07

Post by Luka07 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Yes, unfortunately they are not aware that the v18 is already ready for installation and so is OPEL even less than they are. I'm trying to find an option to install new firmware because waiting for their regular update, of which there is nothing, I will never get an update map and firmware.