Auto Wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Hi folks does anybody else get annoyed at the auto wipers, hardly enough rain lands on the screen for a intermittent wipe yet they come on full speed for ages sometimes wiping a dry screen for ages also, i really just want the staged wipe mode every 5 seconds rather than the car deciding it needs full speed ahead, other times they take a age to actually come on when you really want them to ... auto crap lol

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Millsy The system isn't the best,

Have you tried adjusting the speed of the wipers on auto setting with the stalk?

Page 81 of the Handbook

Adjustable sensitivity of the rain
sensor

Turn the adjuster wheel to adjust the
sensitivity.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Millsy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:11 pm Hi folks does anybody else get annoyed at the auto wipers, hardly enough rain lands on the screen for a intermittent wipe yet they come on full speed for ages sometimes wiping a dry screen for ages also, i really just want the staged wipe mode every 5 seconds rather than the car deciding it needs full speed ahead, other times they take a age to actually come on when you really want them to ... auto crap lol
Completely agree with you. The auto wipers are s**t on Grandland. Absolutely pathetic. You set it to low and they are trying to fly off, you set it to high and they barely work.

The wipers on my 2016 Astra were miles better. You've set it to intermittent, set the speed and it would stick to it.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:30 pm Hi Millsy The system isn't the best,

Have you tried adjusting the speed of the wipers on auto setting with the stalk?

Page 81 of the Handbook

Adjustable sensitivity of the rain
sensor

Turn the adjuster wheel to adjust the
sensitivity.
Indeed i have tried all ways possible, My first vauxhall in many many years as more of a Ford man in honesty, had many a titanium x model ford or ghia etc that work brilliant but these are just crap :( I do like the car just this is a simple feature that should work fine lol.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post