Bluetooth Connectivity

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Tickhillblue

Post by Tickhillblue »

When connected via Bluetooth only, my Vauxhall App collates my journey information which helps when claiming business miles.
If I need to charge my iPhone by plugging into the USB socket then it disables the Bluetooth connection and stops collating the journey summary?
Is there a solution to this that anyone can assist with or how can I record journey information whilst plugged in?
Regards

Tickhillblue

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

I think that USB overrides Bluetooth because of the annoying built in tech in the Infotainment - Apple CarPlay. If its anything like Android Auto, it will ask you to switch the app on every 20 seconds no matter how many times you press no. Ugh. Horrible.

It's kinda like with a computer - ethernet cable overrides wireless WiFi. Maybe because WiFi signal can drop and lose connection but Ethernet is more... "permanent".

If you want to plug your phone in to charge, I'd recommend just getting a 12v to USB adapter to insert into your cigarette lighter. I have a low profile one so I can still close the socket cover almost fully with it in, and it's very fast so my phone actually charges while using Google Maps and playing music (via Bluetooth) off my phone at the same time.

Not this exact one but along those lines. I think mine is even smaller.

Screenshot_20210717-102910_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post