Parking Sensors

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

So, I’ve got an early SE spec, which I thought had front sensors ( they are physically on the front bumper), but it appears they are not functional. I can see it has wiring behind them going to the back of the sensors. Does anyone know if it’s possible for me to get them working at all? It seems everything is there?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

If they are in the front bumper then they should be working. Have you tried turning the parking sensors off and then back on this should fix most issues.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:11 pm If they are in the front bumper then they should be working. Have you tried turning the parking sensors off and then back on this should fix most issues.
Which was my initial thought when I looked at the car. I’ve turned them off and on several times.

I’ve been reliably informed that the early Grandland had the sensors installed, but were only functioning on the higher trim cars. Has anyone got a 2018 SE that can confirm if this is the case?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Groovyblues wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:17 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:11 pm If they are in the front bumper then they should be working. Have you tried turning the parking sensors off and then back on this should fix most issues.
Which was my initial thought when I looked at the car. I’ve turned them off and on several times.

I’ve been reliably informed that the early Grandland had the sensors installed, but were only functioning on the higher trim cars. Has anyone got a 2018 SE that can confirm if this is the case?
Ah ok thats annoying.

It might be a case of having to go on a computer to be activated then. Hopefully someone on the forum with an early SE model will be able to help.

You might be better asking a Peugeot Dealership as they know more about these cars than Vauxhall.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

Just had a quick look in the 2018 brochure. Park & Go pack 1 also has electrically folding side mirrors, I don’t think mine has this, so it looks like the front sensors are not meant to be functional.

It’s not really the end of the world if I can’t get them working as on my previous cars front sensors have annoyed the hell out of me by bleeping in traffic because a blade of grass is being picked up by them! and only really became of good use when parallel parking in a really tight space.

Good shout about Peugeot. Im hoping I can find someone with a good bit of software for the car, I’d like to explore the possibility of installing a reversing camera. But upon researching it, it sounds unlikely to get it to work with the R4.0 infotainment system.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

If yours has the electric folding mirrors you should be able to move down the Mirror adjustment control for them to fold in. The front parking sensors are much better than the old ones I had the same issue you had in the Insignia with my Mokka X I had before the Grandland.

My Local Peugeot dealership have helped resolve a few issues that my Vauxhall dealership couldn't so I go to Peugeot now. My Local Peugeot has just become Vauxhall Service centre now as well.

There are a few different Reversing camera options. You can buy a kit on the Vauxhall Accessories website which has a separate screen that sits on the dashboard.
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

Thank you.

I’ve got a Peugeot dealer in town, so may have to see what they can do if any warranty work needs to be done.

I’ll have to double check the power mirrors when I get the car back, it’s gone to the body shop to sort out some lacquer peel and other bits. But I’m fairly confident they’re not electrically folding.

I’ll check the Vauxhall Accessories site and see what the damage will be.

On another note, Eden have given me a Vauxhall Corsa E as a courtesy car whilst it’s in the shop, a bit small for my liking, but just makes me realise I would really love an all electric car…just need to wait until they are more affordable!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No problem.
Its worth trying the Peugeot dealership as most are becoming joint since PSA bought Vauxhall.
Hopefully you do have them.
Link for kit https://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/gr ... rking-aids
Nice courtesy car.
H4WK3R88

Post by H4WK3R88 »

I have recently purchased a 2018 (18) Grandland X SE with this exact same issue.
Physical vauxhall sensors in front grille and either side of number plate - wiring also visible behind sensors.
Taken to vauxhall today and their auto electrician has said that they can’t be activated ….
Apparently there was a mis-build which has been circulated to dealerships as a bulletin.

My dealerships solution is for me to pay for after market sensors to be fitted (and to replace the genuine sensors with new blank grilles etc)

Seems strange to me that the sensors are physically there and wiring appears behind - yet they can’t be or vauxhall won’t activate them.

Looking online there appear to be 2 different parking control modules - one which just does the rear and another which does both front n rear
Is it not as simple as swapping the parking sensor control module so it recognises the front ones are plugged in?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi H4WK3R88 and Welcome to the Forum.

I would try Contacting Vxmods on here or through his Facebook page. He fitted a genuine reversing camera for me and can add many other genuine parts/accessories.