Addition of Adaptive Cruise

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
tmrsgv

Post by tmrsgv »

Hi all,

I have a 2019 MY Innovation 1.2l, 6speed aut.

Adaptive cruise is not standard and is not included on my vehicle (as evident from the lack of the upper button on the left side on the steering wheel).

My question is - is it somehow possible to add the adaptive cruise control feature?
I mean, all the hardware is there... autonomous braking, vehicle proximity identification, etc.

I heard of cars actually coming off the line having all kinds of features but just the actual button removed. when replacing the blank plastic cover with the actual button, the feature worked.

Is it somehow possible on the Grandland?

Appreciate any insights on this

Thanks.

tmrsgv

Post by tmrsgv »

?
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

tmrsgv wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:11 pm Hi all,

I have a 2019 MY Innovation 1.2l, 6speed aut.

Adaptive cruise is not standard and is not included on my vehicle (as evident from the lack of the upper button on the left side on the steering wheel).

My question is - is it somehow possible to add the adaptive cruise control feature?
I mean, all the hardware is there... autonomous braking, vehicle proximity identification, etc.

I heard of cars actually coming off the line having all kinds of features but just the actual button removed. when replacing the blank plastic cover with the actual button, the feature worked.

Is it somehow possible on the Grandland?

Appreciate any insights on this

Thanks.
I have heard of it being possible in VAG cars such as Golf and Leon with just a replacement stalk and software update for around £300 as the pre-crash sensor/radar is also used for adaptive cruise control same as the Grandland if fitted.

I doubt it could be done on the Grandland though, it would be the software/firmware update. So many more VAG mod companies with the skills to under take such mods and ease of updating software with so many commonalities across the MBA platform for instance. PSA just don't seem to have the same options even with the shared EMP2 platform...

A number of 21 Grandlands like ours, came without auto tilting mirrors from the factory, Vauxhall stated it cannot be retrofitted even though my guess it is just a sensor for reverse gear being engaged and a firmware/software update.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post