Grandland drivers side door won’t open from inside

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
BazzM

Post by BazzM »

Evening all, my 2018 Grandland drivers side door has stopped working from the inside? It’s fine on the outside and I’m currently opening the window and reaching outside to open the door. I can pull the silver handle on the inside but nothing happens? My local dealer has said that although still in warranty there ‘maybe’ a £89 diagnostic fee if it’s not covered! Any advice on how to fix and whether covered by warranty appreciated?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello BazzM and Welcome to the forum.

When you pull the handle inside the car does it feel like its connected or does it feel loose? It may of come unconnected.
The only other thing you could try is locking and locking the car with the key it might not work but worth a try.
They always say their may be a £89 fee to do anything these days. If your worried you may be charged try contacting Vauxhall customer care with your concerns.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
BazzM

Post by BazzM »

It feels no different to the working passenger door to be honest. I’ve tried all sorts of combinations with the key and door unlock button on the dashboard, no luck.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

If you have done all those checks then the only other thing you can do is try taking the door card off and have a look.
If you don't want to do that then you would need to go back to the dealership and ask them to investigate further.
How old is your Grandland X?
Most issues are normally covered under warranty but they always advise the cost of Diagnostic maybe be up to you. If you feel it might not be covered then contact Customer care as they may be able to help.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
BazzM

Post by BazzM »

Warranty runs out at the end of this month. Thanks for all the advice, how easy is it to take off the door card?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍 I would get it booked in and let them have a look as if you've done the basics it sounds like it might be something more involved. The door card is not too hard to take off normally a few screws and then unclipping the rivet clips behind to take the door card off which normally a few of those snap.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post