Only a small thing but it's bugging me !

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I notice that the outside temp display on the infotainment screen is greyed out and not highlighted white like the other info along the top of the screen.

I can't see it at all with my eyesight so is there a setting I've missed that will make it highlighted like the rest ?
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2

huffy

Post by huffy »

Sorry, no help to you but I've noticed the same thing, not easy for the driver to see, are we missing something?
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

I had wrongly assumed that the virtually unreadable outside temperature display was unique to my motor. Just goes to show how useful forums such as this can be. I will be interested to see how Vauxhall react to this bug as a possible display replacement or hardware rework could be a costly exercise. This problem is on my list of bugs which currently includes inability to be able to program drivers seat memory function and random fluctuations to climate control temperature settings.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Me too, I wish all the grey text was white... song names for example on my DAB... it shows the station but everything else is grey.

I had to put up with a Mokka as a loan car the other day but at least the screen was readable. With all the stress I'm having with my unit right now I'm sure it will be back in soon enough... then I'll ask 😂😂
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

the greyed out text on the infotainment screen is one of my gripes too
Grandland X Topaz Blue Elite Nav 1.2
Pelham 200

Post by Pelham 200 »

Seems like we,re all suffering the same fault thank God as I thought I was getting cataracts. Pelham 200
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

I too complain about the grey text. Come on Vauxhall fix this quickly
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I Had a reply to my email complaining to Vauxhall about this problem. They asked me to take a photograph of the problem and send it to them which I did. Don't they sit in their own cars and see the problem we're all complaining about !
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Had this email reply from Vauxhall today. Looks like we've got to get used to the grey text !

Dear Mr Chamberlain

I am writing in reference to the case you have open with Vauxhall Customer Services.

I have reviewed the photo you supplied to us with our technical team. Our technical team have confirmed that this is normal operation for the system.

I can only apologise there is currently no software updates available that will change the system operation.

I am happy to log your comments and pass them on to our manufacturing design and support team, where they be reviewed for future reference.

I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused by this matter

Should you require any further assistance please either respond directly to this email or contact us on 0800 026 0034.

Yours Sincerely

Michael Kirwan

Infotainment Agent
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

Seems to contradict what EU infotainment (infotainment.eu@opel.com) are telling me, exert from the last email I received

With regards to the dimming on the screen and being difficult to read the information, we are aware of an issue with the Grandland X and our product evaluation team are currently working on this to resolve the issue, as soon as there is an update available the dealerships will be made aware.
Grandland X Topaz Blue Elite Nav 1.2