Alaram goes off

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

When I lock my car using the remote the alarm goes off after a minute. If I open it using the remote it locks itself after a minute and then after a further minute the alarm goes off again. If, having driven the car, I then lock it using the key the alarm does not go off. Have tried disabling the auto-lock button and using the button that disables the interior sensors, but this makes no difference. Has anybody encountered this? The car is 2 years old and the issue has only started recently.
Grandland X 2019 Elite Nav 1.2 Turbo in Moonstone Grey

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Steve D and Welcome to the forum.

Can you think of anything you have done different recently to the car? if its only just started.

Have you checked all the doors/windows/bonnet and boot etc are closed. If not try opening and closing all these as it could think one of these is open.

If you have already done this the only other thing I could suggest would be to disconnect the car battery and wait for a small period then reconnect it and see if this fixes the issue.
If this does not work it might be worth trying to connect your car to a scanner to see if there are any faults or if under warranty book it in at your local dealership.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Thanks for the speedy response and apologies for the poor spelling, too much haste... I can't think of anything that I have changed but I did have it serviced recently and maybe that is related. As it is still under warranty I will get it looked at by the dealers.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok hopefully you get it sorted please keep us informed.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

I took it in to be checked and they said they could not recreate the problem but t(hey replaced some ECMs.
It worked for a couple of days but then it started again. I took it in again and recreated the issue for the Service Manager and a technician. They took it in for an hour but said they connected it up and it didn’t set off any triggers. They have agreed to raise it as an issue with Vauxhall. In the meantime I have to lock it using the key.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for keeping us informed. It might be worth raising a case with Vauxhall Customer care as well.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Still having issues with this. A case has been raised with Vauxhall Customer Care and Eden raised a technical case too. The alarm ECU has been replaced and the battery too. The problem went away for a day but has now returned. Booked in again. Been in 5 times now and I am doubtful that it can be resolved.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Taken into Eden on 1st March for further investigation. They concluded that it is the bonnet sensor, so have ordered a new bonnet catch. On 10th March they took the car in only to realise that the bonnet catch does not come with a sensor, so they need to order that too. On 22nd March they took the car in and replaced the bonnet catch and sensor. Hopefully that is it, but it usually takes a day or so for the issue to start again. Vauxhall Customer Care called me that same day, but they behave very strangely whenever they do. I must answer all their security questions before they can proceed. They want to know what has happened and then tell me that that confirms what they have been told by Eden. If my car alarm was as secure as their calls I would have had no problems.
asrajarajan

Post by asrajarajan »

Hi, Can you please confirm how to check if the alarm system is enabled or not.?

When i press the lock button on key twice, it actually the side repeaters keep blinking for sometime. Not sure if the alarm has taken effect.

I had a mokka x previously and that had an LED on the middle of dash that kept blinking red in the night!
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

It has been at least 2 weeks now since the new bonnet sensor was fitted and I am fairly happy that the issue is now resolved. Woohoo! Not sure why a 3 year old car should need a new sensor, was it faulty? As regards the question of how do you know if the alarm is enabled, you only need to lock the car using the remote. No need to press twice, the alarm is an integral part of the car's system. If locked using the remote the alarm is enabled. If you use the key to lock the car manually then it is not.