Wireless charger

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Claired11

Post by Claired11 »

Hasanyone else had issues with the wireless charger? Mine doesn’t work just shows nothing or orange light was wondering if Im doing something wrong?

Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Hi claired11.. the charger can be a little temperamental, especially if you have a case on your phone. Try it without a case first just to check that it works ok and if so try inserting your phone upside down with the case on to see if this helps..
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

I was having the same problem with or without my case fitted and I'd purchased a new 'ultra thin' case to see if that helped but it didn't. Then I read the user manual (i'm male so that's the last thing we try isn't it) anyway, it suggested if it didn't work turn the phone upside down (as also suggested by Ayejay70 in the above comment) which I did and hey presto it seems to work 99% of the time. I have a Samsung S6
Grandland X Topaz Blue Elite Nav 1.2
chrislee133

Post by chrislee133 »

Anybody got this working with an iPhone X? Mine just shows the orange light....
Elite Nav 1.2 Petrol Auto Diamond Black
chrislee133

Post by chrislee133 »

Dealer showed me today a technical bulletin from VX that stated the wireless charger does not work with the following phones:
iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
Samsung S8
Samsung S8 Plus

Only the Samsung’s are stated on VX website not to be compatible

Bulletin also said that it was because the charger is v1 and they currently do not have any plans for a v2 version which supports the above phones.
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

So basically what you are saying is that the wireless charger is not fit for purpose. To be honest it’s just a feature that I will unlikely use anyway since my Samsung S8 is cable connected to the infotainment system (using Android auto) and is being charged directly.
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof
chrislee133

Post by chrislee133 »

Yes basically. Poor really, brand new car doesn’t charge the latest phones on the market.
Claired11

Post by Claired11 »

Thats interesting. Do these phones work with a charger case on I wonder?

Annoying seeing as though my local dealer had my grandland for an entire day today as the charger want working and they ordered a new unit!!

I will call them tomorrow!

Im also getting route to workshop warning when coming down gears and indicating right they cant find a fault on the system though so none the wiser!!!
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Claired11 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 pm Thats interesting. Do these phones work with a charger case on I wonder?

Annoying seeing as though my local dealer had my grandland for an entire day today as the charger want working and they ordered a new unit!!

I will call them tomorrow!

Im also getting route to workshop warning when coming down gears and indicating right they cant find a fault on the system though so none the wiser!!!
Hi Claire in respect of the workshop warning. I have had the same problem since day 1. I thought it must be a software problem. But I took it in and they seen the problem. What I would say if it comes up, don't switch it off take it to the dealer and they will see that their is an issue. Anyhow this occurred only when I indicated right so the dealer is replacing the headlight unit!!

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Claired11

Post by Claired11 »

I will mention this to them as It only seems to happen on the school run and going to work so cant go straight to them 🙄 mine is right indication only so must be a faulty unit, thanks 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post