Engine fault repair needed

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mikeflam

Post by Mikeflam »

Hi all I have an engine fault repair needed light come on start up then disappears I've had a diagnostic done and they've said it's P16do fault and could be :engine speed reduced, duel mass fly wheel and protection malfunction however the feels and drives fine has anyone had this?
Many thanks Mike

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Mikeflam and Welcome to the forum.

Does this error come up every time you start the car? Or has it just come up once and not again?
Sometimes an error can occur and then it resolves itself. Have you tried clearing the fault? if so has it come back ?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lee20

Post by Lee20 »

That’s odd I have had the dreaded engine light come on saying engine fault repair needed. Also illuminated was the spanner in yellow. Car went into the dealers who told me there were no fault codes stored!! The car was running rough misfiring for a few minutes then cleared itself . Anyone have the same issues? Thanks
Tootscoot

Post by Tootscoot »

Hi my car developed the same problem this weekend, how did you get on with yours
Omez

Post by Omez »

Hi
Please help.
I have a 2019 Grandland x business edition
1.5 diesel it was showing same code engine fault repair needed, the following day it showed emissions fault starting impossible, it wouldn’t even turn over called Rac who managed to reset it and start it (he advised me he reset it by using the reset code of Peugeot 208! As could not do it any other way). He checked the add blue and the airflow sensor said they are fine! Advise me the codes shown are P02ED and U2FFF which showed as unknown!
The following day it is showing the same code engine fault repair needed again on dash again, does anyone have a clue? please help!

1F9CE468-D273-41DB-BBA2-CFBBE28DB13F.jpeg

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

The codes are to do with airflow and adblue so sounds like he was looking in the right areas. Is the car still under warranty?
Sounds like it could be related to this recall: https://car-recalls.eu/recall/opel-gran ... ector/amp/
Omez

Post by Omez »

Took it into main dealers paid £240 for full diagnostic and inspection, told me could be airflow sensor and the intercooler so had both changed cost me £480.
Two days later same sign engine fault starting impossible!
As car is out of warranty they are not covering costs and now are saying could be a split pipe or turbo, told them I don’t want to waste money with trial and error to which they responded it’s the only option!! Please help
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Omez wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:03 am Took it into main dealers paid £240 for full diagnostic and inspection, told me could be airflow sensor and the intercooler so had both changed cost me £480.
Two days later same sign engine fault starting impossible!
As car is out of warranty they are not covering costs and now are saying could be a split pipe or turbo, told them I don’t want to waste money with trial and error to which they responded it’s the only option!! Please help
Hello I would contact Vauxhall customer care and log the issue.
Ask the dealership when they did the diagnostics did it come up with any fault codes? as you say they advised you to change those two parts.
Has your dealership contacted the Vauxhall Technical support? with the issues.
If then you feel your not getting anywhere try contacting the Vauxhall CEO office.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I know you said the rac checked your car and said adblue was fine, when did you last too the adblue fluid up?? I’ve just had the same warning light flash up on my dash and it went off almost immediately. I bought. 10l bottle of adblue and the car took the lot. The light hasn’t flashed since. Hope this helps
Omez

Post by Omez »

Hi
Thanks for responding, I have had intercooler, mass air flow sensor, air intake flow sensor and ass blue levels checked still showing code ‘ emissions fault starting impossible’ please anyone help!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post