Navi5 Intelilink has frozen - any ideas?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
WillieC79

Post by WillieC79 »

Hello,
In response to your above post and to follow up on the various suggestions by GrandlandX68, the car went into a main dealership last Monday to hopefully fix the problem under warranty. I called them at the end of the day, as I had heard nothing & was told that they had contacted Vauxhall for advice. The dealership, apparently, got the OK the following afternoon that the Touchscreen should be replaced. This was ordered and arrived on the Thursday morning & was duly installed & the problem resolved.
Although I had been told that the replacement unit would arrive with both the maps & touchscreen software updated, this proved NOT to be the case. This was not an issue as I has previously downloaded these in the hope that these updates may perhaps resolve the "frozen screen" issue (which they did not).
As the car was under warranty, my only cost was the £12 per day for insurance of the courtesy car. My submission that this cost should NOT be to my account, as the problem was a warranty issue - fell on deaf ears and the dealership would dot budge!
Best of luck Yorkshire Lass in getting your problem resolved.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi WillieC79 I am glad you got your touchscreen issue resolved,

I would contact customer care about the loan car as it should covered under warranty with this.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Haxhi98

Post by Haxhi98 »

I’ve had this problem for the past 2 years. I went to numerous garages and also paid £100 for Vauxhall to diagnose this. Unfortunately I’ve been quoted £1200 just for a new screen. They said this is because it fell 2 months after warranty. This is funny as I had a warranty recall recently for braking assistance with notice from the DVLA! Why’s this covered under warranty but the tech wasn’t? I’ve literally had to get use to using my phone for any music and calls which is a joke and also dangerous for such an expensive car. There’s no way a screen should cost more then new smartphones and tablets especially as the fault comes from the manufacturer. Vauxhall I’m appalled by the service and regret buying a grandland with the complications that have come with it. For anyone struggling with the same problem, I thought it was worth putting out there as I found nothing apart from this article.