Engine/auto gearbox lag on accelerating

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Dowler

Post by Dowler »

Well in and took the “thing” back to dealer today.... there’s an intermittent lag when accelerating usually when I e dropped to below 10 mph at junctions, roundabouts etc.
According to the service dept it’s a characteristic of the car.... I’m not the first.... unsure if it’s engine or auto box... going back again Tuesday .... that’s if I’m not on the phone to DVSA before then! :evil:

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms with my elite nav 1.2 auto. I may take it back in as they also need to look at my cooled seats. I can hear the fan as it's noisy but can't feel any cool air!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Looks like I'll be taking my Grandland in sooner than I thought! I hit a pheasant this afternoon about 25/30 mph which has damaged the front grill and broken off the Vauxhall badge. Dread to think what that is going to cost !!!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Ouch.... commiserations to both of you! :o
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
goldie

Post by goldie »

Hi
I have the same fault with my Grandland X
Visited the local Vauxhall Dealers but they were no help and they are going to raise this with Vauxhall.
I have found that the lag/cutting out of the engine is part of the auto stop start , if you turn the stop start off with the switch in the centre panel will help.
Michael
Grandland X Ultimate in Golden Sunstone

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post