Recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
MikeandKaren

Post by MikeandKaren »

Anybody else had the water Pump and Belt recall? Only found this out when the car went in to a dealer...

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

My car went in recently for the front grill to be replaced after I'd hit a pheasant. They mentioned a recall then but I never asked what it was so it may have been this. It's going in again next week for the job to be finished so I'll ask them then
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

I have not seen anything, the Onstar app has a recall page but says there are no recalls.
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Just received a recall notice this morning regarding the replacement of the front seat leather covers due to a potential problem with airbag deployment. Just hoping that my local dealer has someone proficient in leather seat cover replacement. Not confident that the seats will ever be the same again. Of course I could be wrong.
Grandlad

Post by Grandlad »

There is a useful site called https://car-recalls.eu which lists all the recalls of vehicles within the EU. If you check for Opel Grandland, it seems there have been three recalls. The Grandland is not yet listed under the Vauxhall name on this site.

The first:
There is a defective seam on the seat cover. In the event of an accident, this may lead to the side airbags not deploying as planned. There is thus an increased risk of injury for the occupants.
The recall affects vehicles produced between 19. 6. 2017 – 27. 11. 2017.

The second:
The screws attaching the tow-bar are insufficiently tightened. As a result, the tow-bar may detach.
The recall affects vehicles produced between 8 November 2017 and 19 January 2018.

The third:
Oil can enter the intake circuit of the engine. This can lead to engine failure.
The recall affects vehicles fitted with a 1.6L B16DTH (LDI) diesel engine produced between Jan 2018 and March 2018.
(This third one apparently applies to wrong-specification pistons fitted to some diesels. A figure of 52 cars affected has been quoted)

The UK DVLA also has a recall-check function on their website. Go to:
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
and enter your reg number. This brings up the MOT record for your car. Hopefully, the record will show you don't need one yet!!! But there is a further link to recalls to the specific vehicle. At the moment this shows there are no recalls applicable to my car which is what I would expect from the information on the .eu site above

Hope that members find this information useful.
Grandland Hybrid4 Ultimate. Moonstone Grey, uprated charger.
fruitbat46

Post by fruitbat46 »

I was supposed to pick up my Grandland X elite nav on the 2nd August but Dealer told me Vauxhall had stopped the release of new cars to their customers (3 Models). I was told that Vauxhall had not told the dealer what the fault was, Today nearly 4 weeks later still getting same answer that Vauxhall still not told dealer what the problem is.The car is at the dealers but they say their system won't allow them to register or tax car until Vauxhall tells them.I wonder has any body else had this problem.
Blueyhills

Post by Blueyhills »

After reading your post I thought I had better ring my Vauxhall dealer as I am supposed to pick mine up on Monday 2nd Sept.
They told me the same thing - they have had it in for 2 weeks but are unable to release it at the moment.
Today Vauxhall have told them the 'ban' has been lifted on automatics (which mine is) but they are still unable to register it on the system.
They say they are continuously intouch with Vauxhall everday but are none the wiser as to when I can have it, they are going to ring me on Friday with another update.
Mrlee321

Post by Mrlee321 »

https://www.grandlandforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=363&p=2294#p2294

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post