Timing belt replacement after 5 Years

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
asrajarajan

Post by asrajarajan »

HI,

My car is 4+ Years old and the app shows its time for timing belt change as part of regular maintenance. It has done only 25K miles. The vauxhall shows its ~£500 to replace it. Has anyone done this and Is this mandatory.

My car has been running without the wetbelt issue till now. Its a 68 plate (2019a) Elite Nav.

Thanks to advise and post experiences

boyleD1

Post by boyleD1 »

Hi

My car is a 68 plate 2019 and it has been in the garage 27,000 miles for 1x week it came up with stop engine low oil pressure
been speaking to vauxhall and well known garage

i have extended warranty and claimed on that .the garage told me today strainer blocked with bits off the timing belt

it blocks the strainer and engine shuts down ,full service history with car so beware
the bits are off the coating of the timing belt
I have been watching my car for this for 2 years asking vauxhall any issues and they say no recall
its now sitting with the warranty company to see if they will pay it

fingers crossed then on to vauxhall and show them the photos

hope this helps
boyleD1

Post by boyleD1 »

hi again

mine is a elite nav too where did you get a price of £500.00
asrajarajan

Post by asrajarajan »

Ok. Yeah the wetbelt is inside the engine and i thought the timing belt is the aux belt that is outside which is part of regular maintenance.

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/tools/book-a-service.html says its £449 or£559 depending on approved or original spare
Rkj76

Post by Rkj76 »

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall
If you use this link it should be there . Any problems search the gov site where it says search without registration and just put in grandland x 2017 as that's the year of car the recall is under as its 2017/2018 vehicles .

Your vehicle should be covered for 6 years for timing belt
Rkj76

Post by Rkj76 »

Grey

Post by Grey »

Hi just had my 3 service which I booked on the 1st of march garage said cannot book in until 13 April warranty ran out March 13th just been told timing belt breaking up do not use it very far
spoke t o Vauxhall and they are looking unto this as there is no recall for this fault
Also asked garage to look at near side over taking light which they {underwoods} said have looked at this but did not want to take off the cover as this could break and would cost more money.
this advice cost me i hour labor £95 so just have to wait and see what the outcome is.
mattyw92

Post by mattyw92 »

I had this problem on my 68 plate grandland 29k miles on it. they quoted me over £2000 to repair i laughed at them and got in touch with Vauxhall and they agreed to pay for the repairs on warranty(after a long time). Cant believe so many cars are having this problem and they aren't recalling them. Ever since i got this repaired iv just had more and more problems with EML.
hari1888

Post by hari1888 »

Same issue Arnold told me new timing belt and no courtey car as vauxhall were paying for repairs.Contacted Vauxhall CC yesterday and am just about to pick up hire car via Vauxhall CC free of charge so all good. Also dont listen to them they have been recalling since febuary mine got 1 on 10th Feb

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post