re occuring fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
sfarqu

Post by sfarqu »

Hi

I have a 20 plate Grandland, had it since new and have had many issues with it.

Mainly experienced engine fault light activation.
Usually experience the car not feeling right, like a slight juddering then the fault light will come on and car goes into 'safe mode'
Has been into the dealership many a time with them saying they can find nothing wrong.
Have even limped car into garage a couple of time, left engine on so they can get a fault code.
To no avail the car keeps doing this.
Have had AA a couple of times who gave us screen shots of code, garage said it was a sensor which was changed out but car still engine warning light come on from time to time.
Recently a new alarm has appeared eco mode. Im so upset as i like the car but it is just frustrating. Totally unreliable.
Garage seems clueless, they changed sparkplugs 3 times to no avail.

Hope this makes sense, anyone had the same experience?

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

The ECO mode coming on could be the battery, the Grandland's didn't have a very good one fitted from new, so this is the cause, Search on this forum and your see the better one to get.

Car does this to conserve the battery level and doesn't use the SS system (I always turn mine of anyway)

All your issues maybe related to the battery as it's no uncommon for this (Mokka's suffer from this too)
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post