Speed sign recognition.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
spikey

Post by spikey »

Has anybody noticed that speed sign recognition no longer seems to retain the speed display once it has detected the speed sign and initially displayed the speed limit.
After a short period the display reverts to - -.
On my previous Grandlands and new Astra the current speed limit has remained in the display until the next update/change.

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Not had that issue lately, I did a huge road trip upto Northumberland Cost from Essex over the weekend and it all worked as should.

Only time I've seen the -- in the speed signs is when it hasn't seen one, mine normally changes pretty quick once it has seen a speed sign.

Mines a 2018 Elite Nav

Is yours a newer Grandland model?
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
spikey

Post by spikey »

Picked my latest Grandland up about 3 weeks ago. 1.2T Ultimate in Cobalt Blue. Surprised that at that time my local dealer had two Ultimates and one GSE in stock.
I have mentioned the Speed Sign Recognition issue to my dealer who suggests that it’s working normally which I do find surprising. If it is working normally it’s certainly a retrograde step.
My first Grandland was a 2018 Elite Nav (launch edition) in Blue.
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

spikey wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:30 pm Picked my latest Grandland up about 3 weeks ago. 1.2T Ultimate in Cobalt Blue. Surprised that at that time my local dealer had two Ultimates and one GSE in stock.
I have mentioned the Speed Sign Recognition issue to my dealer who suggests that it’s working normally which I do find surprising. If it is working normally it’s certainly a retrograde step.
My first Grandland was a 2018 Elite Nav (launch edition) in Blue.
Also to note that VX have been building newer GL with missing kit (maybe due to the low stock of conductors and chips in the industry) and range topper cars with no sensors or cameras anymore and heard of SatNav also not installed in Ultimate model cars, which is shocking taken the price of them now.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
spikey

Post by spikey »

I have now had chance to check my speed sign recognition issue with the Vx dealer and VX customer care.
The speed sign recognition operating model has now been changed on all new Vx models. The speed limit is now only momentarily displayed when a speed sign is detected and not retained as it was on my previous vehicles.
For me this definitely a backward step as one the most important advantages to me was that with old operating model you could check at anytime during your journey to confirm the current speed limit. I fear that Vx are actually loosing the plot.
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

spikey wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:22 am I have now had chance to check my speed sign recognition issue with the Vx dealer and VX customer care.
The speed sign recognition operating model has now been changed on all new Vx models. The speed limit is now only momentarily displayed when a speed sign is detected and not retained as it was on my previous vehicles.
For me this definitely a backward step as one the most important advantages to me was that with old operating model you could check at anytime during your journey to confirm the current speed limit. I fear that Vx are actually loosing the plot.
Oh dear yes they have somewhat lost it now, that's a very backward step to take. Another thing they have taken away but increased prices

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post