Ride quality improvement

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
asrajarajan

Post by asrajarajan »

Hi,

I feel that the car is very back breaking on un even roads and small potholes as well. Has anyone upgraded suspension or coils or dampers to improve the ride quality?

Thanks
Raj

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

asrajarajan wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:46 am Hi,

I feel that the car is very back breaking on un even roads and small potholes as well. Has anyone upgraded suspension or coils or dampers to improve the ride quality?

Thanks
Raj
What size wheels do you have?
Some members have found increasing or decreasing the tyre pressure have helped.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
asrajarajan

Post by asrajarajan »

I have the 20" diamond cut alloys
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I have the same problem on my 68 glx 1.5 nav sport. If I’m on a bend and I hit a bump the car wants to skip into the kerbside which can sometimes feel unsafe. I’m contemplating swapping all my springs to a lowered set to give it a more stable foothold on the road.
I’m looking at H&R or eibach as these are a cheaper option than irmacher springs. If anyone has tried doing this any feedback on what they function like would be great.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

asrajarajan wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:34 pm I have the 20" diamond cut alloys
Most reviews say that you got above the 18/19 inch the ride quality isnt as good.
It might be worth looking at the tyre pressure as this can improve the ride sometimes or as also suggested even suspension bits to improve your ride.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator