Radio reception or lack of

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I have the Intellilink 5 radio in my 2018 grandland x sport nav and have had constant problems with the radio reception or lack or reception as the case is. I took it to Vauxhall and they just turned the auto search off and said it was fixed. The DAB is crap too, as far as I knew DAB was the dogs bo££ocks with now interference and crystal clear sound, which I don’t have. My question is this, are both signals received through the heated rear windscreen?
What I’m wanting to do is fit my own amplified aerial for both am/fm and DAB. Where are the aerial connectors located which would allow me to do this? I’ve heard they are possibly blue and a white plugs is this correct? I love the car but the radio has been a nightmare since day one of buying it and Vauxhall just look at me as if I’m stupid when I say I want a radio I can actually listen to when I driving.
Any help would be great be it wiring diagrams or a write up from someone who has done this before, or even from anyone who has had their radio updated and it actually worked.
Thanks in advance
Ian

andis82

Post by andis82 »

I've recently purchased a used 2018 Sport Nav model and within a week noticed the DAB cuts out when going into dips in the countryside (living in a rural location means this is frequent if I leave the small town I live in). As a result, I had been researching the same thing, I believe the Shark fin antenna on the roof is just for GPS and the radio antennas are received via the rear heated window .

I've just updated the Intellilink as it was still as stock to see if this helps at all (I know it won't but you can only hope)

I did see some replacement shark fin antennas that receive all signals AM/FM/DAB/GPS (on amazon) so surely would just be a case of replacing the antenna and pulling down the roof card to locate the correct cables to feed into the new antenna. As you say any help would be appreciated on this.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post