Odd starting issue, electric mirrors don't open etc.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

Just something to bear in mind check if they can do it on warranty.

I am going to complain to Vauxhall as they are giving us all the run around.

Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

So my car had another fault but I thought that Id ask them to check out the BPGA unit while I was paying for the diagnostic.

No faults had been raised on the record and they are hesitant to replace something that cannot be easily replicated right now, so its just my word.

'Feel free to bring it back in if it faults again' (even though there will still be no record of it...doh!)
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

Did you have a list of faults?

Also have you had your fog lights do anything strange?

They did two tech updates on mine which made no difference then they change what I asked them to change.

They have now had three cars with the same issue in the past two weeks.

Vauxhall Boston are trying to get main Vauxhall to update the information.
edgejedi wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:31 am So my car had another fault but I thought that Id ask them to check out the BPGA unit while I was paying for the diagnostic.

No faults had been raised on the record and they are hesitant to replace something that cannot be easily replicated right now, so its just my word.

'Feel free to bring it back in if it faults again' (even though there will still be no record of it...doh!)
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Inside sealed part of BPGA

IMG_20231117_124537615.jpg

Lucasj1

Post by Lucasj1 »

dale1990 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:52 pm
Vauxhall 18 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:22 pm I have the exact same problem with my Grandland X 18. Going into Vauxhall garage tomorrow again. Has anybody got it sorted Thankyou
Yes, as posted above.

Total cost £320.
Did you get this done at a Vauxhall garage?
Daveregis

Post by Daveregis »

My 21 plate Grandland X has this mirror fault but only on the drivers side and I can here it trying to close.
I wonder if I could get the repair under warranty ?
Update I gave the mirror a gentle push when locking and it went in 😉 .So a spray of WD40 using the straw on the nozzle and all is good 🙂
Toosh

Post by Toosh »

Hi all, just registered to the forum, as we have this reported issue with our Grandland X ELITE NAV TURBO purchased in 2018. I did not expect to find anything about this issue when I did the Google search, but glad I have.

It's been a fantastic car but has recently been exhibiting strange issues. It started with the wing mirrors not 'opening' out but once the car was started they popped out fine. We also got an alert to check the fog lights (edited and added this info having spotted someone else mentioned it and I'd forgotten, plus seems totally random stuff!) We struggled a few more times with unlocking the car and our garage next door put it down to needing new batteries in our keys, as both keys had the same issue. Fast forward a month and the wing mirror issue returns and this time when we get in the car and see the "press clutch to start car' message on the dash as usual and the car will not start. After exiting the car, we repeat the process of locking, unlocking, trying to start and after a couple of times, the car would start, and initially showed the spanner icon. For the next few times we drove it, the car started fine - no spanner icon at all.

Today we went to move the car forward and it would not start. Did the 'unlock/lock' routine again, and got it going, but as we have a busy time coming up with travel, decided to speak to the garage to see if it was a battery issue. Since lockdown, we now both work from home, so no more commuting which was around 75miles daily; the car maybe gets driven maybe 5 - 10 times a month with just local trips within a 50 mile radius. Garage said to take it out for a spin and they would check the battery level when we return, which I went to do this afternoon. The car unlocked, but it did not display the usual ' to start....' message. It was dead. Garage tried to jumpstart it and it did nothing. Then noticed that the unlock button on the key fob would activate when pressed, but the lock button did nothing. Then as they were taking the jumpstarter off, the indicators flashed like when the car unlocks, and the car alarm went off.

I did mention whether the car had unlocked correctly, and maybe the immobiliser was still active preventing the jumpstart or from us being able to start it, because of the lock button not working right. The jumpstarter did show the battery as having a charge too which should have been enough.

I noticed the comments about a recall, and it reminded me that we had that work done as part of our car service back in February. As mentioned we do not drive our car as much now, which might account for this problem not appearing until now, but I'll admit I'm grabbing at straws here.

EDIT: Having read all the posts now, I am very surprised there hasn't been a recall for remedial work relating to this issue. This thread is full of 2018 Grandland owners it seems - I don't want to spend nearly £500 on this fix if it is a known fault. Hoping Vauxhall do not put it down to 'wear and tear' and we just have to deal with it. Also concerned as to how long it will take our garage (not a Vauxhall garage) to get the part as we cannot do without a car with Christmas coming up.

Cheers
T
Last edited by Toosh on Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toosh

Post by Toosh »

edgejedi wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:11 pm Longshot, but did anyone's car 'unlock itself' prior to the more disruptive issues. Locking my car 100% and coming back to find it unlocked despite keys safely secured.
Ooh yes! We noticed a couple of weeks ago, I went to get shopping bags out of the car and it wasn't locked. I blamed hubby for not locking it properly :lol: He's also reminded me that the boot opened itself too and we thought we might have accidentally pressed the key fob.

Cheers

T
dale1990

Post by dale1990 »

Lucasj1 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:46 am
dale1990 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:52 pm
Vauxhall 18 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:22 pm I have the exact same problem with my Grandland X 18. Going into Vauxhall garage tomorrow again. Has anybody got it sorted Thankyou
Yes, as posted above.

Total cost £320.
Did you get this done at a Vauxhall garage?
I did yeah at an Eden Vauxhall garage. Still no issues since having it replaced.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I had the exact same problem it took Vauxhall months to figure it out all the fault codes would clear by the time I got it to the garage. In the end I got lucky and it was a faulty relay switch

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post