Odd starting issue, electric mirrors don't open etc.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
dale1990

Post by dale1990 »

dale1990 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:58 pm Same issue, just been told by Eden Vauxhall that it requires a new PGDA/PDGA module/unit??

No idea what this is, but it controls the lock & unlock and the mirrors folding/unfolding that goes with it.

Awaiting quote.

Edit:

BPGA module

Vauxhall 18

Post by Vauxhall 18 »

I have the exact same problem with my Grandland X 18. Going into Vauxhall garage tomorrow again. Has anybody got it sorted Thankyou
dale1990

Post by dale1990 »

Vauxhall 18 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:22 pm I have the exact same problem with my Grandland X 18. Going into Vauxhall garage tomorrow again. Has anybody got it sorted Thankyou
Yes, as posted above.

Total cost £320.
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Hi, just wanted to ask Dale1990 how's it going with new BPGA unit?
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

I have a Grandland X and a few weeks ago it started acting up telling me to check my fog lights etc.

Finally last Tuesday it wouldn’t start, unlocked but no wing mirror movement. Called my rescue had it taken to Vauxhall everyone puzzled blooming thing even drove on the flatbed to the garage started when there. Then boom it wouldn’t do anything 🤦🏼‍♀️ 4 days on they still had it and they said it had a list of faults that made no sense and they mentioned the fog lights it clicked and I found you guys.

Car still at garage but will Vauxhall test what I told them to?

As this is happened to a few of us I think this should now be a recall as it obviously has an issue.
Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

Snap - I was about to start a new topic until.....I met you all!

Exactly the same scenario, I press the lights on and the fault vanishes.

Have you all had the wet timing belt recall done recently? Just looking for commonality....
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Replaced BPGA myself this morning with new one bought from Amazon for £295. Will let you all know how I get on. As you know I already tried the main fuse box under the bonnet which didn't work. Fingers crossed, touch wood.
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Day 1, 6 degrees c, car opened and mirrors extended. Started first time, no errors.
Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

johnney7 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:48 am Day 1, 6 degrees c, car opened and mirrors extended. Started first time, no errors.
Sounding hopeful, fingers crossed.

It's just weird we are all just starting to experience this issue.

Did you have the recent recall work done? Wondering if they updated firmware which caused the issue....
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

I had a recall done a few months ago but they never gave me any paperwork afterwards.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post