Odd starting issue, electric mirrors don't open etc.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Day 2, mirrors opened, started first time, no spanner symbol, no errors.

Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

johnney7 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:30 am I had a recall done a few months ago but they never gave me any paperwork afterwards.
Anyone else had the recall recently, assuming that this fault is happening on the first generation models that needed the recall.

Trying not to curse it, but I havent had the problem now for the last two days....
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Not facing this issue which is good however whats the recall for?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Deleted User 265

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:36 pm Not facing this issue which is good however whats the recall for?
Hi

The recall was for the wet timing belt issue, but at the time they also said they did some tech updates to a few cars. The dealer mentioned this to me but wouldnt give any detail. The warranty invoice has no record of this and no one is exactly certain what they did... so it makes me wonder, 6 months later glitching like this starts.

Alternatively, is it another very common fault we'll be plagued with... Oh dear.
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

I have given Vauxhall all this information of all the same issue. My pumps out loads of faults. They charged the battery and I think the said something wasn’t closing 🤦🏼‍♀️

My last recall was to do with the breaks.

Mine is a 2018 reg.

I am getting cheesed off that they are clueless.

I wish I could change the blah blah box thing myself. Forgot the initials
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

edgejedi wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:25 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:36 pm Not facing this issue which is good however whats the recall for?
Hi

The recall was for the wet timing belt issue, but at the time they also said they did some tech updates to a few cars. The dealer mentioned this to me but wouldnt give any detail. The warranty invoice has no record of this and no one is exactly certain what they did... so it makes me wonder, 6 months later glitching like this starts.

Alternatively, is it another very common fault we'll be plagued with... Oh dear.
ah ok I had the wetbelt replaced on mine due to cracks mine was not on the recall but had the special warranty. As far as I am aware nothing else was done like tech updates.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Day 4 mirrors coming out ok and back in. Haven't driven but not expecting any issues. Changing BPGA (It's French for Battery Manager as they are made by Peugeot and are the same as a number of their models) is not too difficult just requires patience. The unit I bought from Amazon came from China which is where I assume Peugeot get them made. The only issue with the one I ordered was I had to use the fuse pins and fuse from the last wire connection as the Grandland X had this extra connection. However this was relatively easy.
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

:P This is great news!

I am really hoping Vauxhall are listening to me cos I want my car back work.

johnney7 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:41 am Day 4 mirrors coming out ok and back in. Haven't driven but not expecting any issues. Changing BPGA (It's French for Battery Manager as they are made by Peugeot and are the same as a number of their models) is not too difficult just requires patience. The unit I bought from Amazon came from China which is where I assume Peugeot get them made. The only issue with the one I ordered was I had to use the fuse pins and fuse from the last wire connection as the Grandland X had this extra connection. However this was relatively easy.
Deleted User 265

Longshot, but did anyone's car 'unlock itself' prior to the more disruptive issues. Locking my car 100% and coming back to find it unlocked despite keys safely secured.
Jaxspr

Post by Jaxspr »

:shock: no mine didn’t mine all started with it telling me i need to check my dog lights a couple of weeks before it open doors but not mirrors and wouldn’t start.

I have had two tech updates as per Vauxhall before they changed the Battery Management thing and it’s Day 2 of working
edgejedi wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:11 pm Longshot, but did anyone's car 'unlock itself' prior to the more disruptive issues. Locking my car 100% and coming back to find it unlocked despite keys safely secured.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post