Infotainment system

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Eddy8757

Post by Eddy8757 »

I'm sick and tired of the Infortainment system in my Grandland X SE 2020 model.

It's the basic unit without satnav etc, but to be honest it's absolutely rubbish!!

Does anyone know of a head unit that can be used to replace the Vauxhall garbage? I've tried a couple of places, but so far no-one seems to do a unit that can replace the factory fitted unit - So can anyone help please?

Regards
Eddy

Eddy8757

Post by Eddy8757 »

I've seen numerous posts on updating the infotainment software/firmware, but all the posts seem to be for vehicles with satnav etc etc. My Grandland X is just the basic SE 2020 model which doesn't have satnav and the other bells and whistles. So can my basic system be updated and if so how? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Eddy
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Eddy8757 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:03 am I'm sick and tired of the Infortainment system in my Grandland X SE 2020 model.

It's the basic unit without satnav etc, but to be honest it's absolutely rubbish!!

Does anyone know of a head unit that can be used to replace the Vauxhall garbage? I've tried a couple of places, but so far no-one seems to do a unit that can replace the factory fitted unit - So can anyone help please?

Regards
Eddy
Hey Eddy.
I would contact VX Mods he is a member on here, Facebook and he has his own website aswell as he does retrofits on Vauxhalls.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Eddy8757

Post by Eddy8757 »

Yet more problems with the built in head unit on my car - Linked my phone to it, a Samsung Android A20e and it connects fine, but it doesn't show any contacts or phone numbers etc, they are just greyed out.... This head unit really is garbage!! Does anyone have any suggestions? It all worked flawlessly with my old 2014 Volvo V40...
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

On your phone check that in Bluetooth settings in the car connection, check that you have contact sharing enabled
Eddy8757

Post by Eddy8757 »

Even though contact sharing was enabled it didn't pick up my contacts - Eventually I forced my phone to send the contact list and then the head unit magically got them. Never ever had to do that before on any other vehicle, I know I keep saying it, but the Vauxhall head unit is pants!! I just wish I could change it for something that actually worked correctly, but it seems that's not possible :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post