Squeak coming from front passenger door

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Laurrraw

Post by Laurrraw »

Hi all, I have had my Vauxhall Grandland X for just over a week now, and there seems to be a high-pitched squeak, which is constant when driving (sooo annoying). I have inspected around, and I believe it might be caused by the black trim at the bottom of the front passenger door, as right near the bottom it seems a bit loose. When you wiggle it a little it squeaks, so I'm guessing the sound is coming from here via vibrations from the road or something (?) I gave the trim a bit of a thump to try and see if I could tighten the trim back on, and this did actually seem to work as the sound disappeared for one car journey, but then soon came back after driving for a while.

I've contacted Motorpoint who I purchased it from, and they've said they could fit it in to be inspected , but are only available Monday-Friday 10am-3pm, which I can't really do, as I work full time and cannot easily organise child care, and it's about an hour away from where I live.

I hope this has all made at least a bit of sense. I will try and add some photos later. I'm basically just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and has found a fix? Or whether it's just a case of having to take it to a garage for them to look at, or a case of learning to live with it. :cry:

Thank you.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post