Android Auto Without Cable

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Gomoca

Post by Gomoca »

Hi,
Ever since I got the wired android auto, I've told myself that I'd have to find a solution to stop having the cable connected to the mobile phone and the USB port, not least because it's taking up the 2nd glove compartment that also has a lid:
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/10050058 ... pt=glo2bra
It works beautifully and is reasonably priced.

Filename File comment Size Status
20231004_165945.jpg

20231004_165945.jpg

Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

Hi - is this purely a bluetooth connection or does the whole normal android auto app and screen connect and start up with it?
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I have a different make adapter (AA wireless from Amazon) and it is the full android auto, the only downside is, it uses a lot of battery power and the phone can get warm.

But they are great and make uses Android auto much better.
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Deleted User 265

Post by Deleted User 265 »

How do you folks charge your phone while using the adapter? At the moment for me, the same wire that connects my phone charges it.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I don't at the moment, but only done short trips, apart from last weekend when I did approx 3 hrs, it used over 50% of the battery.

I could use the rear usb, if needed. But the idea for the wireless, is it is better having not to plug the phone in and leave it inu pocket. As when I used to plug it in, I would often leave the phone in the cat
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Gomoca

Post by Gomoca »

Olá,
I'll try to answer the various questions:
1st It's a 100% auto android device. If it were bluetooth, you wouldn't need it, as both the radio and the phone would pair on their own.

2º If you want to charge your mobile phone, you always have a 12v connection. One does not invalidate the other.

3º I don't feel that the battery drains more quickly

4º With android auto wireless it's not necessary to have the phone in sight or even connected via cable to the usb socket on the right-hand side of the 12v socket.

Thanks|
Leemattay

Post by Leemattay »

I have a similar set up for Apple, but the don’t know if I can leave the adapter plugged in all the time or if it will drain car battery when the car is off I.e overnight. Does the usb power down??
Gomoca

Post by Gomoca »

Olá,
I always leave android auto on, I haven't had or felt any lack of battery yet.
It seems to me that the car switches off completely after a few minutes, as a safety measure

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post