Firmware Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
kurt1303

Post by kurt1303 »

The latest firmware should be:
21.08.25.12_NAC-r0
So if you have already installed this version, there will be no newer version available.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the information but this doesn't solve how to obtain the New firmware in the future.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
kurt1303

Post by kurt1303 »

Maybe you could try to make an account on the Belgian, or German Opel sites.

https://my.opel.be/nl/
https://my.opel.de/

Once you have an account, at MyOpel, you can use the account at the connect.opel site.
At Opel.connect, you could try if it is possible to add your car with your VIN.

https://connect.opel.be/nl-BE
https://connect.opel.de

good luck.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Thanks for the links. The only website that showed the firmware updates was the Peugeot one. Vauxhall doesn't offer it on the updates page only Sat Nav updates. I don't think there is going to be anyway of obtaining it without a Vin or unless someone knows anyone that works at Peugeot.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Prior to the lockdown mine was on other stuff and the dealer said they had updated it. Hmm had a look today,it must be at least two behind the current one. So what is the difference between these two just curious.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
kurt1303

Post by kurt1303 »

Apparently there are no changelogs with the firmware updates.
Nickodemus

Post by Nickodemus »

hi - i've not been on here for a while as i've not had any issues until just recently - the problem is with the MyVauxhall app and connectivity - Vauxhall Customer Care are clueless after spending the last two to three months trying to get somewhere - so here goes, the "new" app now separate from the facility offered by OnStar uses TomTom to obtain live navigation and alerts, with some useful features like petrol prices/weather conditions and available parking spaces - If you follow the advice on the Vauxhall Connect website for a Grandland X that is pre 19 plate which mine is then after you have subscribed to the service it should work within 24 hours - not the case because Vauxhall fail to tell you that you either need a current wifi subscription or a tethered device to the vehicle which i had to discover myself - at the same time there is a subscription paid facility called speed camera/danger zone service option which i have subscribed to over a month ago thinking that this would be the replacement subscription offered by OnStar which would include wifi connectivity - finally the app also states that i would get data regarding fuel consumption/journey details and more.
so my questions, if anybody please has the answers because i'm going crazy are:-
do i need to obtain a wifi subscription as before with OnStar for all if the features to work or is tethering sufficient - i actually do not know why i need this subscription to be honest as since i have connected my phone via tethering i now get speed camera alerts
the help PDF regarding the installation of the "new" features through the MyVauxhall state that there should be a "connected" strip along the top the app when it is connected to the vehicles data - i have sat looking at the app while my partner has been driving and the apple maps will follow the GPS in my phone but the vehicle data does not move so i need to know why this is
these questions have been put to Vauxhall but their response is to look at the PDF advice page
I hope someone can help
robbo990

Post by robbo990 »

You need to enable Bluetooth Tethering on your phone and enable the Bluetooth data connection in connected services on the Car Head Unit.
2019 Vauxhall Grandland x 1.5 TurboDiesel SportNav Auto (Jasper Grey)
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

How do you connect Bluetooth tethering to the car system? I have Bluetooth connected to the infant phone part of the system, but unable to get Vauxhall connect to work at all.
robbo990

Post by robbo990 »

In Android phones to enable Bluetooth Tethering you go to settings WiFi/Network (name may differ slightly) Hotspot/Tethering and slide the switch to enable Bluetooth Tethering. (This will automatically turn off at every phone reboot so will need to be enabled again)

In iPhones I'm not sure, I think you go to Settings, Hotspots and allow/enable Bluetooth Tethering for the Grandland X Bluetooth.

On the head unit go to settings and connected services. Enable the tethered connection {it will only show an internet icon with no name) select it and it should show as activated and available.
2019 Vauxhall Grandland x 1.5 TurboDiesel SportNav Auto (Jasper Grey)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post