Firmware Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
scott1964

Post by scott1964 »

I found the Peugeot.navigation.com website but when I put my vin number in it says it’s invalid. Is there a trick to it ? Thanks

scott1964

Post by scott1964 »

ok I've found out what I did wrong the website is https://www.peugeot.co.uk/servicing/map-system-updates/

it has install instructions
Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

Hi, I am from Greece and I own an Opel Grandland X for 4 months now, 1.6 Diesel Auto. There is no such a greek forum here in Greece, so I created one here. I also joined the FB group.

I downloaded the Firmware Update from the Peugeot UK site as you mentioned here before, but when I connected the USB to my car it indicated "Not matching with the Hardware". Any ideas why? My VIN number starts from W0V because it's an Opel and was built in Socheaux, France. I didn't try the Maps Update yet, I think it will work properly.

Thanx! :)
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I had the same issue , I just had to change the license folder in to lower case and it worked
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

Ok, I will try it later.

Did you miss any custom settings you had done, like radio stations or any kind of personalization?
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

All stayed the same
Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

;)
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .
Birani

Post by Birani »

Any chance of step by step guide to updating firmware,!!
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I will try my best to remember as it was trial and error.

Using your VIN number in link - https://www.peugeot.co.uk/servicing/map-system-updates/

Format at least 8GB USB in FAT32

Download firmware update and license. Unzip firmware either to a location on your computer or direct to USB ( I used WinRAR or 7zip for this )
if you unzip to computer, copy files to root of USB and then copy license it a folder called license on USB ( This is where I kept going wrong as Peugeot's site shoe LICENSE, keep folder name in lower case). on the USB you should now have:-

license (folder)
SWL (folder)
update info

From here go to car start engine, disable stop/start and plug USB in either port. it should then find update and select yes to update ( not to sure what comes up now, was a few weeks ago I did it)

Please note- DO NOT UPDATE UNLESS YOU ARE AWARE OF POSSIBLITY IT CAN BRICK THE RADIO, BUT THAT IS THE SAME RISK UPDATING ANY FIRMWARE OR COMPUTER BIOS ON ANY TV's RADIOS COMPUTERS ETC
Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

Neurotica wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:43 pm Ok, I will try it later.
Firmware and maps updated! :D
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post