Firmware Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

I use Android Auto all the time , so I can use the TomTom speed camera warning app .

IMG_20200121_184719.jpg

2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok I might try it then. Is the TomTom speed camera app any good?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

How do you get the tom to speed camera warning app to work in Android auto as it is not one of the approved apps.
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

IMG_20200122_205154.jpg

you have to root a spare phone with a company called one click root .
the spare phone then gets left in the car hidden away , always connected to the headunit .

its best to use a google pixel 1 with android 8 oreo . , as 9 or 10 is very unstable .
other phones will work , but are harder to root , but google pixels are the easiest to root .

you need two phones to do this .
a rooted phone to keep connected to the car with any android app from the play store .
and your main phone with hotspot enabled , so the rooted phone always has wifi connection .

I always have a Vauxhall logo and tomtom live speed camera app showing whilst driving .
you can still listen to radio stations as normal or amazon music , spotyfi or deezer whilst on this screen .

you can use sygic or camsam or radarbot or any android speed camera app that is in the play store .

basicly it mirrors your android phone to your car screen , and your cars touch screen controls the android phone that's hidden away .

by law you can only use music apps or non video apps whilst driving .

when stationary with the handbrake on , you can watch youtube or itv hub or tv player or any tv or video app from the play store .

any app that's in the playstore , you can download , but as I said , tv or video apps can not be used whilst driving , just radio or non video apps .
whatever is on your phone will be seen on your car screen , everything .

you can even use google assistant voice control to turn on your apps or find a video on youtube that automatically plays .

its very complicated to set up first time , its trail and error to get the set up you like , but once setup it becomes easer to understand .
you can get more info from ( XDA Developers ) online . or online searchs called ( AA Mirror ) or ( AA Mirror Plus )

please do plenty of research before attempting to do any of these things ive mentioned ( watching tv or video apps whilst driving is against the law and dangerous ) only music or non video apps can be used whilst driving .
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

New Firmware version has been released 20/1/20
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

done ,
im checking every few days .
ive noticed the map updates are not there any more , just the firmware updates .
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I am checking every few days aswell for the firmware . The map updates are still there for me but they don't work when I try to install them from the Peugeot website.
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

that is strange , map updates still there for you , but not me .
it should be free map updates for 5 years .
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Yh it should be there for you. If not go to google and type Vauxhall Sat Nav update which should bring up the Vauxhall page .
Birani

Post by Birani »

Right, I’ve tried a few usb flash drives, all formatted to FAT32, copied all the relevant software (SWL & license) to the usb drive including the folder named ‘license’ all in lower case and still getting the error message ‘version not compatible with hardware. My system version: 21.07.16.32_NAC-r0. Dated - 2018-04-18. Mapping version: 4.0.2-r0 dated: 2017-01-20.
I’ve contacted Vauxhall and they say that they don’t do software/firmware updates.

Any ideas on what to try next ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post