2021 Phev expected range

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
TobiasE

Post by TobiasE »

Hey!

I bought a used grandland Phev from 2021 a week ago, and I'm starting to suspect the battery is faulty.

The specification is for 59km, and we never expected that, but the expected range is 20km now. We live in Sweden, and temperature is just below zero degrees. I know I should expect lower range in winter than summer but a third of the WLTP seems really low.

We don't run excessive heating, or other draining functions and car is kept and charged outside. There might be some way to preheat the car with charger plugged in but we haven't used that function yet.

Also, when charging I use an 8 amp charger. That should mean a full charge cycle should take 7,5 hours if charging is linear. It estimates the chargetime to just over 5 hours so seems the capacity is lower than it should be...

Anyone have any comparison figures, hints or advice?

roman_xplorer

Post by roman_xplorer »

Hi! I bought Grandland X Hybrid 4, and I was expecting range around 35-40 km, but now, when it's fully charged - it shows me only 20-24 km.
Very dissapointed =(

Checked the SoH of the battery at serwice - it saying that battery is 98%, so it's in very good shape.

Dunno!

Also, I have fule consumption in the city on Hybrid mode about 9.5 l/100km. And you?
Opel Grandland X Hybrid 4
TobiasE

Post by TobiasE »

So an update after testing. We had the car outside before, now had it parked in a heated garage. We turned off most battery consuming features and drove as far as we could with a heated and fully charged car.

We ended up running 46km. Outside temperature was -6 degrees, we drove roughly 70 km/h as far as we could.

Our interpretation is that there is nothing wrong with the battery, and 46 km seems ok given the ambient temp. Could anyone sanity check?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post