Additive consumption fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
STEMO

Post by STEMO »

Hi everyone, new on here so first post.
Driving home from work tonight the wife got 'additive consumption fault' show up on the centre screen and the ad blu light on the dash. She dismissed the message but the warning light is still on. Her car is a2021 reg 1.5 diesel griffin, it's only done 7,000 miles. Sorry if this topic has already been covered but couldn't find anything.
Thankfully the car is still under warranty, but would like to know if anyone is familiar with this fault before I call Vx. Thanks

STEMO

Post by STEMO »

New message flashed up this morning'Starting impossible in 700 mile' And...the reverse parking sensors have stopped working. Probably no connection between the two but, after reading about the sometimes weird behaviour these cars exhibit on here, I just don't know 🙄
STEMO

Post by STEMO »

The fault appears to have cleared itself for now. Someone suggested it happens when it's cold. I'm not cancelling my appointment at the dealers, in case it reappears.
Andy-H

Post by Andy-H »

Is this an AdBlue problem?. I think mine uses about 1 litre per 600 miles. The tank holds 17 liters, so the range from new would equate to 10000 miles, assuming it was full from the factory.
It says in the book that it gives an early worning between 350 and 1500 miles before it wont start.
Having said that, it does say the Adblue symbol should flash yellow.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post