Engine fault repair

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Vickimark

Post by Vickimark »

Hi all,

New to hear and after some advice.

I’ve had my grandland 2018 1.2 turbo a year gone august 2023. This August I’d come back from a drive and I had a very strong smell of oil along with smoke from the bonnet, had this checked and nothing could be found then weeks later had a severe oil leak. This was looked at by a dealership costing me £400, apparently it was just a leak. Weeks later the EM light appeared - engine fault repair needed. This went back to the dealer and an inlet sensor was required. Then it was looked at again and I was told it was a timing belt issue and it needed to be changed. My car only has 36,000 mile on the clock, but looking at the service history February 2022 a timing belt had been changed at a backstreet garage and then June 2022 Vauxhall did another service then sold to me August 2022. The garage that has just fixed my car said the engine cover wasn’t on correctly, there was black sealant all over the engine and basically it needed another belt. So I’ve had the cam pulley, spark plugs, oil and oil filter changed, inlet sensor and the timing belt done again. Upon getting the car back, not even 24 hours later the EM light has come on again, same error - engine repair needed. I’m currently waiting to get it looked at again, but is wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before or has any advice on what to do next or where I stand?

Thank you

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post