Connected Services - beware

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
wingman

Post by wingman »

Took delivery of my new Grandland GS last Friday after a 4 month wait for delivery. Pleased with car, build quality etc. However much less pleased after speaking to customer services this afternoon about the activation and validity of my Live Navigation Plus connected service. I had previously had the exact same service (but called something else) in my Peugeot 3008 which uses the exact same navigation system based on Tom Tom. This was provided FOC for three years from date of first registration and after that cost me about £125 (cannot remember exactly) for a further 3 year period.
I had been advised that the Grandland would come with the same i.e. first 3 years FOC and then a subscription would be required if you still wanted it.

Have been told this afternoon that from July 2023 Vauxhall will only provide this connected service FOC for 6 months and a further subscription will cost an exorbitant £90 for each future period of 6 months!!
This is despite the terms and conditions attached to this service showing quite clearly that the free period is 36 months. When I queried this I was told that these terms and conditions shown on the website are not correct so like it or lump it in effect!!
I shall be voicing my displeasure with the dealer about being incorrectly advised on this service despite there apparently being a notification on this being issued in July 2023.

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

All Peugeot and Vauxhalls now have 6 months, my 2008 came with three years in March and is now 6 months on the facelift version. Just penny pinching along with unrealistic pricing across both brands. The number of models from PSA that now come without standard Sat Nav too, 32K car and SAT Nav is an optional extra of £500. The Corsa only has a standard Sat Nav on electric versions for the 2024 model year. Would understand if the list prices came down...

The shortage of new cars has driven manufacturers into a false sense of security of increased profit margins through higher prices only to be potentially be reflected in a market crash this year or next as used and new car prices have to come down to attract buyers. Chinees brands such as MG, BYD already doing well will start to outsell traditional European brands (in some cases already are).
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post