Sat Nav

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Hi,

My satnav displays itself on the screen and gives me directions to service shops ? no issues with car that i can tell as no service lights come up.

Anyone else get this? or can help?

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Hi faz. This was an issue for me and occured when i put the right indicator on and slowing down/changing gear. Turned out its a faulty headlight unit and replaced under warranty.
What i would say is after a minute or so the nav returns to normal but a fault code and email are in the system but disappear when the engine is switched off. So straight to the garage and keep the engine on, its the only way they see the fault.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Mark.C wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:14 am Hi faz. This was an issue for me and occured when i put the right indicator on and slowing down/changing gear. Turned out its a faulty headlight unit and replaced under warranty.
What i would say is after a minute or so the nav returns to normal but a fault code and email are in the system but disappear when the engine is switched off. So straight to the garage and keep the engine on, its the only way they see the fault.
Oh cheers! would have never guessed as no fault lights shown. my dealer is around 30 miles away so i hope they sort it out. did you get a courtesy car? or was it a quick fix?
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

In for the day as I had my wifes car, it was only a two hour job and I was in no rush to get it back.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
faz18

Post by faz18 »

Mark.C wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:00 pm In for the day as I had my wifes car, it was only a two hour job and I was in no rush to get it back.
Ok oh thank you. I assume mine is the same issue, I rang the garage they said pre arrange an appointment before I come in, hope it shows the fault.
faz18

Post by faz18 »

faz18 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:25 am
Mark.C wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:00 pm In for the day as I had my wifes car, it was only a two hour job and I was in no rush to get it back.
Ok oh thank you. I assume mine is the same issue, I rang the garage they said pre arrange an appointment before I come in, hope it shows the fault.
Right booked in for 17/09/2018, they will check it on the 18th. dont know what ill do if it doesnt show up also i have to pay £20 for a loan car. seems rather unfair if you ask me.