Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Update Was Told by Dealership to drive the car more so I did I just come back from telling them iv just done around 700 miles and only twice start stop worked and when using radio for 4 to 5 mins goes into eco mode Now they say yes it’s the battery booked me in for Monday they are fitting the AGM One .But probably been told to do this as iv been constantly phoning Vauxhall customer care and they said today they had been in contact with the dealership.So a long fight with both and finally the proper battery being fitted
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

lions33

Post by lions33 »

Hi
Can you update us when you have done a few miles with the new battery.
Mine has been back to the dealership twice still no joy.
Thanks
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Have you had the new AGM Battery fitted .I will keep this post updated on the progress of the new battery
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Yes it would be good to hear how you go with the AGM fitted.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Re last update dealership just took the C—T out of me no AGM Battery said all they can do is fit a like for like and didn’t even have it in stock .I feel I’m banging my head against a wall Even Vauxhall whom promise to call back Never do but was promised again today will call tomorrow?? Won’t hold my breath and for dealership who said will have AGM Battery today all of a sudden changed there mind as now seeking further advice from V/Hall Tech And will order the same type of battery that’s fitted

Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

Mine often stops functioning on short trips. Ok now but winter fast approaching I'm guessing with lights and heater fan plus heated rear window and mirrors etc that would drain the battery. Why they didn't fit an uprated battery and alternator I will never know so annoying this fault occurred on both previous Vauxhalls we had the Zafira tourer and Astra tourer both were deisels
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi, i can understand your frustration over this matter Lock-N. i too have been in touch with Vauxhall over the s/start issue, and got absolutely nowhere.
I have resigned myself to the fact that it doesnt work as it should and just given up. Friends have other makes of vehicles, and their s/start works all the time. I have had Vauxhalls for many years but this will be my last one. !!!!!
I dont think Vauxhall should sell vehicles that are not capable of delivering all the features that are built into the car.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Thanks for your Reply .I can’t give in I want what I paid for to work and as of yesterday I know Vauxhall have been in touch with my dealership and they await Vauxhall Tech confirming a fix .Iv got a case number and I call now every day I want to be a pain in there side I am determined to get this fixed after all the empty promises my dealership had said they will do .Fit an AGM Battery .I also like yourself won’t purchase another Vauxhall

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi to All Yesterday I again phoned Vauxhall’s customer service and again I was told the advisor whom was dealing with my complaint was on the phone and will call you when finished as a message has been sent to her ?? 4 weeks now I said and she never calls me back .So asked to speak to someone higher to make a complaint .I was then told they would have to get permission to have a manager call me back in the next 4 hours and they did and this time I was told Yes I’ll get a new battery and the manager phoned my dealership and booked my car in for Friday.Then the dealership phoned me to confirm a time and said they have ordered an AMG battery and beefed in for 10am. Friday .I said this happened before and you never fitted one .He said it’s 100% going to be fitted as Vauxhall have made all the arrangements so see you Friday ?? I’ll not hold my breath but can only hope it happens

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Lock-N wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:59 pm Hi to All Yesterday I again phoned Vauxhall’s customer service and again I was told the advisor whom was dealing with my complaint was on the phone and will call you when finished as a message has been sent to her ?? 4 weeks now I said and she never calls me back .So asked to speak to someone higher to make a complaint .I was then told they would have to get permission to have a manager call me back in the next 4 hours and they did and this time I was told Yes I’ll get a new battery and the manager phoned my dealership and booked my car in for Friday.Then the dealership phoned me to confirm a time and said they have ordered an AMG battery and beefed in for 10am. Friday .I said this happened before and you never fitted one .He said it’s 100% going to be fitted as Vauxhall have made all the arrangements so see you Friday ?? I’ll not hold my breath but can only hope it happens
Update New Battery fitted Today .Drove home s&s never worked so will give car a good run then I’ll see as battery fitted probably not fully charged when fitted. Will update later

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post