Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Lock-N, i shall be keeping my fingers crossed that your stop/start begins to work correctly bery soon. How lucky are you to actually get the upgraded battery fitted. I await to read your next message letting us all know how your Grandland is perfoming.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Used the car today first time 1 mile done stop start worked and every stop since .On My way home turned it of to give battery a charge but so far so good .Worked 100% ..I wasn’t expecting it to work first journey as never worked on way home from garage but it did so fingers X my problem with s&s is fixed
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

So that is what we've been aware of for some time that it is down to the battery they fit. Surely it's time Vauxhall came clean on this.
spiro

Post by spiro »

Lock-n, If your stop/start issues have been resolved can you please let us know the details of the battery they have fitted as this could be very helpfull.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Lock-N. Really pleased to hear that your s/s is working as it should. Like Spiro has said, if you could let us know the details of the new battery i can get back on to Vauxhall again and see if they offer me a new upgraded battery. I agree with Ken_A it is time that Vauxhall come clean and admit that some vehicles may be fitted with inadequate batteries.
My s/s has actually worked twice over the past several weeks,....... most strange, very random.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Update on New battery Fitted Description
Black Vauxhall Original Written on with A Opal Vauxhall crest Made in Germany
Battery EFD
4423996 12V 70 AH
720 CCAEN
670CCA(SAE/GS

This is all the information I can see except some dates when made ect .Rest is In different language.And no

I’m Not 100% but sure it’s not an AGM.as seen one of these on EBay for £174
Anyone know if the above battery info relates to AGM type Battery 🦇
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
spiro

Post by spiro »

Lock-N, could the battery type be an EFB as I can't find an EFD type, quite happy to be wrong on this?
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Sorry your probably correct EFB I’ll double check tomorrow.But guaranteed I got it wrong

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Contacted Vauxhall customer services this morning regarding stop/start problems and constantly going into ECO mode each time any of the doors are left open for a couple of minutes. I also advised them that the car had gone into the dealers in late July over this problem and that I was told I was not driving the car enough. I told them that the service department said I needed to do 20 miles each time I went out. When I said I'd come back from my holiday in which I'd driven nearly 1000 miles including two non stop runs of 200 miles the garage said that would not be enough to regenerate the battery. Whilst on the phone to them the customer services contacted my dealer's service department and came back with all the things that will stop the s/s working. But I reiterated that it's also going into ECO mode. I added that my dash cam fitted by the dealer has a parking mode which I've had to stop as when I switch the ignition of it states low voltage and shutting down. I've now got a case number and have booked car into the dealer next Thursday and then customer services will call back. All comments I made about the battery types just seemed to be ignored. I will report back after Thursday. Not very hopeful though of the outcome.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Tell them you site and listen to the radio and after a few mins goes to Eco mode also say should not have to have engine running just to listen to the radio and when you next phone Vauxhall ask to have your complaint raised to speak to a manager I did it this way and as soon as manager was involved fixed in 3 days Exultant result

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post