Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Vauxhall and all there dealerships know there is an issue .But won’t acknowledge it .As it will cost them a fortune .Why did they change my battery if it’s the correct one fitted .Now the replacement one iv got .They now say this is the correct one ? Iv read that when some other owners have had an AGM Battery fitted .They have not had and more issues with the Dreaded S&S .Mine works more now with the replacement battery but some days after driving 50 miles nothing then next day first stop it worked and continued to do so every stop but maximum time is only for 60 seconds then engine restarts .Do still not 100%
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

The problem is that it's not just a Stop[/Start issue if you are a low mileage drive like myself. 90% of my driving is local and all that happens is that the battery capacity level reduces. When my dealer had it in last year the battery was down to 30% and they charged it up for me. The S/S worked fine the day after I got it back and then after using the heated seats and steering wheel it never worked again. In late November I had to go into hospital and did not use the car for just under three weeks. The result was I had to get the RAC out to start it as the battery was flat. He suggested a smart charger which I did get. He was also surprised that with a car with so many electrical goods it did not have an AGM battery. Earlier this year I had them out again and a different RAC chap said they only replace with an AGM and that several manufactures allow them to do this under warranty. now These he said are more efficient at absorbing the charge. Just over a week ago I got the dealer at my cost to fit an AGM battery which so far has made quite a difference. Start/Stop is working far more consistently and after several short trips when it did not work it seems to recover after a longer run which the EFB battery never did. It even worked with the Air-con and heated seats. To connect the smart CTEK charger I have their comfort connector which has 3 colour led's which display the battery state. These take a very insignificant current and will not be a drain on the battery.

I think my next step will be to find the official Vauxhall complaints address to formally make a complaint regarding this. They by law have to reply within 8 weeks and if you are not happy you can then refer it to the Ombudsman.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I find it really crazy that Vauxhall will not admit that they have a major issue with these vehicles. You should not have to pay yourself, when a vehicle is still under warranty, to replace a battery which is not fit for purpose.
All us owners who have or have had issues with our stop/start should contact Bbc Watchdog and bring this to their attention. Obviously just trying to negotiate with Vauxhall is a waste of time.
Out of interest Ken-A how much did you have to pay for your new battery ? :roll:
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Deleted User 409

I got it from the dealers and it is an actual Vauxhall AGM battery. Cost was £260 including fitting and VAT. Yes I know that was over the top but my reasoning was that if I had a Vauxhall item fitted by their dealer there should not be any warranty problems. You never know one day I may get this back some day. I just needed some peace of mind that this would make things better. I've been a long time Vauxhall customer having had a Nova, several versions of Astra, a Meriva, a Mokka and Mokka X but I've been so disgusted with their attitude the GX will be my last. I've already told the dealer this but he did not seem that interested.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I too have been a long standing Vauxhall customer, having had many Astra's, Zafira's and now this Grandland. My wife has had Astra's, Corsa's and at present a GTC, but after this last purchase i too shall not be returning to the Vauxhall brand.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Deleted User 409

Well a couple of weeks in now and S/S is still working. Mind you, this morning after the car had been locked in the garage for a couple of days the S/S did not work after setting out. Did around 4 miles to do the weekly shopping. When we got back in and drove off the S/S worked first time I pulled up to a stop. The EFB battery would never have done that as once it stopped working that was it. So it seems the AGM battery is better at recharging. So far there has not been a hint of it going into ECO mode. Hope I haven't jinxed it now.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Looks like a trip to the dealership is in order as had my car since end Of November and the stop start hasn't come on once.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

My next car won’t be a Vauxhall iv had since 2012 4 Zafira Tourers & 1.6t Vauxhall Astra .All Brand new .Now the Grandland and this is the only one iv had bother with .Might be because the French now have ownership of Vauxhall cheep parts .No customer relations no help and fobbed of with it’s your fault you don’t drive enough ect ect ect
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

My Stop Start the green light flashes but nothing seems to happen.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Grandlandx68 you need to contact Vauxhall customer service To everyone who is having an issue with the S&S you all need to make an official complaint ask for a reference number then when every one has got it post on hear and I’ll send all of them with a complaint to Vauxhall and will post there reply

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post