Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Update took car in to dealership Again and waited. 1 hour 45 mins only to be told that an engineer is coming from Vauxhall and that I’ll receive a call in the next 2 weeks and I’ll get a courtesy car for 2 or 3 days oh and for the update this will get done at the same time ?? As iv precisely said Vauxhall are now rubbish there dealerships rubbish and there cars now are rubbish Will never buy one again Oh and guess when at dealership another Grandland owner in for same issue.He said fed up complaining s&s has never worked .Ill now have to wait 2 weeks or so but ehat the ? Iv been waiting 9 month and have lost any faith in a fix
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I suppose its good more people are facing the issues but it doesnt help resolve the issue. I will update end of the week with how mine goes.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

👍🏻
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

I don't think that Vauxhall are getting their heads around what's going on here. The fact that the S/S does not work is that if you are doing lots of local driving the battery is not getting enough of a regenerative charge. Why else do the various dealers and Vauxhall say we are not driving the cars enough? The S/S not working I believe is an indication of a battery below 75%. As a consequence, as in my instance, the battery charge was just getting lower and lower. The first time my dealer had mine in to recharge it the battery was down to 30%. Since fitting an AGM battery and doing the same mileage the S/S has worked around 90% and seems after even a number of short runs to recharge enough for S/S to work. Also I have not had any instances of the ECO Mode warning which it was constantly with their EFB battery fitted. My S/S even works when heated seats etc are being used. Of course this problem could be that the alternator is not putting out a big enough charge to cope with all the electronics and recharge the battery. After all I understand a bigger alternator puts a higher load on the engine, hence higher emissions, which of course they don't want.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Honestly believe it’s a battery issue but Vauxhall don’t acknowledge there is an issue because it would cost them thousands and thousands of £ also take in the dealership fitting . One day someone who knows how to take on a big company like Vauxhall will get a fix for us all because I’m fed up trying 9 months now and again they want my car to charge overnight just to see s&s working but don’t know why it’s got to be in for 2 days .Will have to wait and see when ?? I get the call 2 weeks or so

sjaeagle5

Post by sjaeagle5 »

I had a small issue with my stop/start, in that the service light had been on for a few weeks, service was booked, then the S/S stopped working.
I put it down to the service needing to be done.
I asked the garage to check it and they confirmed that the battery was what they considered a little low for it to work properly.
Since the service, it has worked fine.
The car was serviced Feb 2020.
2018 Topaz Blue Grandland X 1.2T S/S SE
grampymike

Post by grampymike »

update on the work on the stop start system and the new battery fitted,this is what my dealership has entered into My Vauxhall service history -'PERFORMED WORK
Stop start not working Check stop start as per bulletin 19-e-3487 battery state of charge 66% too low'. Start stop still working fine,now a week since new battery fitted (efb) heated seat and steering wheel have been in use when start stop has operated correctly. Should add I only drive 8000 miles per year, mainly work and back in the week 9 miles a day, maybe 20 or so miles on a weekend.Hope this is useful.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the update. My car goes in Friday for investigation again. I will update once I know more
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi Just had an email from CEOs dept The dealership want my car for 2 days want it cold in the morning and to give it a 100 mile test drive ?? I don’t think so .I'm not playing this game again tried there fixed previously drive drive drive leave car all day and getting back with a fully charged battery .Then next day battery back to not providing enough power to operate the S&S wonder who’s paying for fuel plus adding mileage and for update I’m going to wait till first service and book in at another dealership as I don’t trust the one I use just now They tell you 1 thing then report back to Vauxhall saying entirely a different story ?

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Ive just given up with this whole problem !!! I contacted vauxhall customer service many times and got nowhere. :oops: My car is due for a service in March so am going to see what my dealership says when i ask them, yet again, again the stop/start.
I enquiried about this issue at last years service, and the dealership said it wasnt a problem that they were familiar with. They did check the battery level, which was below 85%, didnt charge the battery and wanted me to pay for the diagnostic- which i refused to do.
My Grandland is coming upto 2 years old and i can count on one hand the number of times the stop/start has worked. :oops:
I really dont know what else we can do. We have contacted vauxhall and our dealerships, and i have emailed bbc watchdog too (had no response back).
These dealerships are very eager to sell us these expensive vehicles, but when we need some help and assistance they dont want to know.
I think that since Vauxhall sold out to Peugeot the cars have suffered. I shall not be buying another Vauxhall even tho in the past i have always stuck to this manufacturer.
I am one very unhappy vauxhall customer :oops:
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post