Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Ken_A. Welcome to my world. Haha. I have been through exactly the same situation as you have regarding speaking to Vauxhall customer service and my dealership. How can Vauxhall sell a vehicle which has to be run for 20 miles per journey......its crazy !!!! I too did four long journeys in the car covering many hundreds of miles and still no proper functioning stop/start. I gave up on getting my issue sorted, felt like i was banging my head on a brick wall, nobody was interested. Lock_N has been sooo lucky getting his new battery.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

I have been reading all these s/s comments over the last year or so. Problem is thought to be a battery problem.
Can i tell my story, my s/s could be considered as working too well. I leave my car on the drive for 3-4 days, start it up pull out of the drive and go to the end of our street, about 50 yeards, s/s comes on. And then continues to work for the whole jourey.
I know I have the "FBD" battery, so just ask the question are we sure the battery is the cause or could it be something else like the charging system.
I have an auto elite nav with all the goodies and i use them, heated seats, heated screen etc. S/s still works even when air con is on. It just shuts down air con whilst s/s is active. Air con back on once engine starts again. S/s can be annoying when parking. I usually switch it off when approuching a parking space.
Finally the eco mode does not come on for around 30 mins if i sit and listen to the radio whislt her in doors is in the supermarket.
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi to All iv not used my 🚘 due to having surgery but iv noticed driving 18 mile round trip s&s worked there and back since battery replacement Time will tell if it’s getting fully charged while driving .Like you say could be the charging system but we will have to wait on information on this site to see what other drivers issues are
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

First real cold day. Got car out of garage this morning to go to local shops. Had both heated seat and steering wheel heat on. Parked car on driveway when I got back as needed car later in the day and so it was out in cold all day. Went to go out late afternoon but keyless entry would not let me in and after several goes I had to press the button to get in. On starting car it went straight into ECO mode and then started. Drove to my destination about 8 miles away needing lights on. At my destination I was early and sat in car and put radio on whilst waiting. After around 5 minutes the screen displayed going into ECO mode and shut down the radio. When I got out of car the keyless failed to lock car and again had to use the button on the fob. When I came back to the car the keyless entry failed again and needed button press to unlock it then went into ECO before starting. When I got home and put car in garage I was able to lock the car keyless. So I will call dealer tomorrow to add these events for when it goes in Thursday. Have now lost all faith in car, especially with winter coming.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi Sorry to hear your having issues with your 🚙.What I’d do is contact Vauxhall complaints and get a reference number then ask to speak to someone higher in management and tell them all your issues and say you can’t even listen to the radio unless you have the engine running as keeps going into eco mode Get them to list all your faults .I did it this way and for the first time I got them to listen .They made all the arrangements with my dealership and I got a new battery .If you don’t get a call back from one of there managers then you won’t get any further than we are waiting on a report from the dealership whom is waiting on V/Hall Teck dept getting back to them .I had weeks and weeks of getting told we are waiting on the dealership getting back to us and then dealership telling me yes we will fit a new battery .Then go to the appointment and get sent home being told waiting on V/Hall Teck dept coming up with a fix We all know what the fix is an upgraded battery or like another member said it a charging fault .Dont give in .Vauxhall won’t admit they know these cars have a battery or charging fault
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Lock-N, the car is going i tomorrow and I've updated them as to the radio problem and the keyless entry problem. Vauxhall customer services are due to call me tomorrow afternoon. If they don't be sure I will be back to them. I do have a reference number already.
As an aside, I folded the drivers side rear seat back down and the grey lining has come away from it exposing the inside of the seat. No attempt to fix it back on worked and so they can fix this as well.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Customer service advisor was always going to call me back and never did every time I phoned I was told the advisor I’m dealing with is on another call we will message her to call you still never did So I asked to speak to complaints and was told that I’d receive a call back within 4 hours and I did and at this point I got my issue resolved .So don’t hold your breath and wait as long as I did nearly 5 weeks .The Grandland is a great car ? But we only need a customer service dept that will help customers Not pass us back and forward to dealerships

Deleted User 409

Well the car was picked up this morning and taken to the dealers. Phone call just after lunch to say the back seat panel was fixed. Then we got to the battery. It seems it was at 30% which is no wonder I was having problems and they were keeping over night to charge it up. I was assured the correct battery was fitted despite me bringing up the AGM battery. They have failed to to state the cause of the low battery on a £30000 car 8 months old. We all know what the problem and it's getting through to them. They will call tomorrow. Needless to say that Vauxhall customer services failed to call me back this afternoon as promised. Looks like I'll have to call them.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Ask to Speak to a Manager.I was promised a call back many many times over a 5 week time frame and not once did that happen .I got it all fixed after I got the management involved .Oh Forgot .Ny Dealership kept my car all day to charge the battery .Gave me it back and said s&s is working fine Then next day back to not working .You are being fobbed of like I was .Dont give in keep up the fight

Deleted User 409

Well that was a waste of time. Got through to a manager who basically said that the battery was as in the specifications in the brochures. In discussions with the service manager it is not just the mileage you do. Listening to the radio with the ignition off will drain the battery. That statement I find rediculous.
I said what if I got the dealer to change the battery I was told that I would invalidate my warranty as it was outside the specifications.
So I'm up the creek without a paddle!!!!!
My next problem is I have to go in for a hip replacement and will not be able to drive the car for 6 weeks. Will probably end up with a flat battery.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post