Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I was given a similar response but as I said the car at 16 months old the battery should be in a better shape and I dont want it charged . I took it for a long drive and it still didnt work. I advised them it should have AGM battery fitted as my previous Mokka X had this and the stop start worked all the time with low mileage.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

My car is 9 months old.Had a new battery but still only works slightly bit better than first battery My Car is booked in for Monday as I wan this issue fixed also been told from dealership there’s an update available for radio usb ect ?
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I was given an update the car is due to go in next week for a certain code search as specified by the Field technician. Will update next week. Update for radio usb etc ? What issue is that?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
grampymike

Post by grampymike »

Hi All, my first post but been a member since early 2018, I have an elite nav 1.2 in topaz blue. I too have had start stop problems, asked the dealer to investigate at a recent service,I mentioned I heard a software update was available,initially said they hadn't heard of one but to leave it with them.A few days later they called me saying they would need the car for a couple of hours to do a 'hard reset' of the start stop system. Arranged for them to have it in however, they called me saying they could not complete the reset due to the battery having insufficient charge, could they keep it overnight to fully charge the battery,ok I said.Later the next day they said they had been unable to complete work due to the battery would not hold enough charge, and I would need a new battery. I asked if they could fit an AGM battery they said no it would have to be like for like ie. an EFB , It took a week for them to get a battery as none of their suppliers had any!! New battery has now been fitted (EFB) and the so called hard reset has been done and the start stop has worked perfectly every time since, nearly a week after I got the car back, hope this is helpful
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Grampymike,

Thats good news hopefully they will do the same to my car. Could you please provide anymore details for us on the forum like the dealership that did this as it may help others on here like me with the same issue.
grampymike

Post by grampymike »

Hi GRANDLANDX68, yes I live in Gloucestershire and the dealership is Baylis Vauxhall, of course I don't know for sure whether the stopstart reset has actually done anything, or if its just the new battery thats had the desired effect, time will tell I suppose, I will update going forward
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for this information as I can pass this on to the CEO support manager dealing with my case.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Lock-N wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:12 am Hi re the CEO I also contacted them and had a reply .Iv to book my car into dealership and go on a test drive to show what my fault it .And as a one of the CEO S Secretary said the will pay for the inspection so now again I don’t hold out much hope of a satisfactory fix as I know that they will say car need to be driven more .But again I’ll go through there rigmaroles .And one thing for sure I won’t be leaving my car again for them to charge the battery
Opt of the reply from CEOs Dept below Date: 20 February 2020
Case: 31791940

This is just a courtesy email.

Please be advised that on receipt of your email I have engaged with our internal team, who have suggested that you make an appointment with the retailer and request that they test drive the vehicle with you and fully explain the features of the Stop/Start and discuss the concerns you are experiencing with the radio.

Once you have made the appointment please update me and I will be happy to follow this matter for you, please be advised that as a one off gesture of goodwill I will happy to cover the cost of the diagnoses for you and I shall update the retailer once the booking has been made.

However if I can be of any further assistance at all in the meantime then please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall certainly do my utmost to assist you.

Kind regards
Joanne Heels
Executive Support Manager
This mail has been sent from Vauxhall Motors Limited, Registered in England

When is your car going in ?
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Car in today AGAIN for S&S and Radio-usb update and then report going back to CEOs Dept so hopefully the correct battery will get fitted as the last 2 weeks my s&s not worked and twice iv done 2 trips each 150 to 200 miles .I may have to start looking for a plug in point to charge battery when I’m out & about then s&s will work ? What iv noticed on this site is Vauxhall dealerships like to have the cars for a day or overnight to charge battery’s Chen hand back and say s&s is working now .Yes only for a day then back to being non working gadget
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok hope it gets fixed. My car is due to go in this Friday. Will update when I know more.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post