Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

We might have to try going to the Motor Ombudsman and see if they can do anything.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

spiro

Post by spiro »

Just a thought, I updated my satnav software today and kept the engine running while it was being installed and I wonder if you have to keep the engine running as the charge in the battery is not sufficient to install the software? It took 40 minutes and considering that the car is supposed to be environmently friendly the update process and with stop start never working it seems to defeat the object of the exercise and its enviromental credentials.

Maybe it could do with either Which or Clarkson involved to shake hings up a bit.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I did contact the consumer programme which comes on the tv - watchdog, and gave them all the information regarding this stop start issue that so many of us are suffering........got no response.
If you decide to contact Which or Clarkson, please let us forum members know. We can maybe add our names onto your complaint, the more owners that get together over this maybe the more serious this issue will be taken.
My car is coming upto 3 years old in March so my warranty is coming to an end then.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Update. They did the update from technical which they would day what this involved. Then they did the same as before said the battery was low and needed charging. I need to drive it more they charged the battery and it worked for a few days now nothing.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Had this done several times battery charged then ok for a day then back to normal even if you drive drive drive even a 500 mile trip won’t solve it
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its a joke really. I did similar mileage in my car now to my Old Mokka X and it came on all the time. I get this is a PSA car and not a GM one but even so should still work. I do feel a AGM Battery would help but not willing to pay for one as they should of fitted one in the first place.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I haven't done a lot of miles, as yet, in my Grandland but did 50k in my 3008 and the stop start didn't always work in that but it wasn't a problem for me because the number of times I could have used it was very limited. I didn't like the fact it wouldn't let me apply the hand brake as it would restart if I did. At least the grandland allows that, saves burning the eyeballs off the driver behind especially during dark nights and inclement weather.
I have noticed my Grandland doesn't work everytime but if its monitoring the electrical systems for efficiency, Suppose the ecu knows best.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Why can’t the Alternator do it’s job .I was told even my Dash cam is enough to prevent it working .It’s A Joke.Why have s&s if it seldom or never works
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The alternator will do its job, It is most likely the configuration and set parameters on the control unit. Some manufacturers appear to have better settings and better systems. Not sure what figures are offered for fuel savings with ss systems, probably not great, but every little helps. These systems are carried out on test vehicles in 1st class condition, perhaps government figures should also include data from engines and vehicles after 25k+ test miles.
spiro

Post by spiro »

I don't know if this is applicable to the 1.2 petrol engines as I have a 2 litre diesel that has just had it's 2nd service and I told the garage that the stop start had not worked for months even after a 1500 mile trip to the north of Scotland for a funeral.
They checked it out and asked for the car to go back in to have the battery charged (I think i've heard this before) anyway they found that the battery would not hold a charge so a new one ordered.
This was fitted yesterday and the stop start was still intermittent so they have said that it is a starter motor issue. Seemingly there is a gizmo within the starter motor that is part of the stop start functionality and this is faulty.
New starter motor on order and I will feed back if it cures the problem.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post