Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Good update Spiro, may be helpful as a possible alternative to solve persistent Stop-start issues.
A further update regarding the 'gizmo' /starter motor will be much appreciated.

🙂👍

ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Yeah I have. I bought my 68reg 1.5 td grandland last November and the stop start feature has never worked. I had it in the dealers I bought it from and they said battery was 12.55v and their computer just said recharge. They did that but my stops start still didn’t work. 2 days ago I had to jump start the car as it was -6 in the morning and the temp had dropped the battery that low it wouldn’t start. Vauxhall keep telling me that it’s down to not using it enough and they won’t change the battery until their diagnostic machine tells them to.
I bought this for the stop start feature as I spend quite a lot of time in traffic jams when taking the kids to school.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Vauxhall will never admit there is a massive problem with Grandland start stop system Just not up to the job and now It’s not Vauxhall it’s Peugeot do will never replace thousands of battery’s or what ever is causing the faulty s&s not to work
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Anyone who had a AGM battery fitted is yours still working ?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-in-1-12-24 ... 2749.l2649

I have suggested this tool for Hybrid 4 owners, but it may be applicable to the Stop/Start people.

12V cigar voltage inicator.JPG

2020 Hybrid 4
Tigerfan

Post by Tigerfan »

Ive been shielding so fully expected battery to be low, which it was on Sunday, but took it out for a long run ( approx 80 miles) but does anyone know how yiou can find out what % charge your battery is please? ( hoping for a hidden menu on the dash!)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Tigerfan The only way to find out the battery charge % on the car is to connect a Battery Tester. If you don't have one of these normally your local Kwik fit will do a battery test check for free.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Don't take this the wrong way folks. But since I complained to Vauxhall thanks to GLX. My stop start has not failed in about 5months, definitely down to what they have done including changing the battery.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Steviec69

Post by Steviec69 »

Hi Mark. Can you recap what you did to cure the Stop/Start issues please?
Steviec69

Post by Steviec69 »

Hi Mark. Can you recap what you did to cure the Stop/Start issues please?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post