economy and reducing CO2 emissions, particularly
in town. It does this by automatically stopping the
engine when you come to a standstill, and then
restarting as you prepare to move off.
Before automatically stopping the engine a number
of system checks are carried out to ensure that it is
both safe and practical to do so. To ensure safety,
the driver must depress the clutch pedal, shift in to
neutral, and then release the clutch pedal.
System checks carried out before Auto Stop
activates include:
• Start/Stop system is not manually deactivated via
the facia button
• Sufficient brake vacuum is available to prevent the
car rolling down an incline
• Battery is in good condition and charged
• Outside air temperature and engine temperature
are above specified minima
• Electronic climate control (where fitted)
is not in maximum heating or maximum
cooling mode
• Self-cleaning function of the diesel particulate filter
is not active
If all of these conditions are satisfied then the
vehicle will Auto Stop.

When you are ready to pull away from standstill,
Auto Restart is activated by depressing the clutch
pedal.
Whilst at a standstill the vehicle is continually
monitored. If necessary, the engine will
automatically be restarted. Conditions that
would initiate an Auto Restart include:
• Low battery level
• Brake vacuum below specified minimum
• Start/Stop system is manually deactivated
• Stationary for 5.5 minutes
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

These are not the only checks it does, and you can test this because if you open a door,disengage the drivers seatbelt, turn the steering wheel more than a few degrees, let the car roll, etc.... while in Stop mode then the car automatically starts again.

Regards
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
chubbs46uk

Post by chubbs46uk »

I've the 1.2 and at new start stop was great , done just over 1000mls now and start stop hardly ever works , yesterday I'd driven 70mls before it worked once then stop working again, it's doing my head in as my town is covered in traffic lights and the fuel savings when new were really noticeable
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

As I said earlier in the chat my battery was changed after a week of testing as the stop start was very intermittent as the battery was discharging due to an internal fault within the battery itself. If the proble keeps up persist with the dealer as the battery should not deplete when stood to the detriment of the vehicle.
But full marks to my dealer as they did make sure they covered all the bases and sorted it out
Ticket9592

Post by Ticket9592 »

My Grandland is 10 months old and the stop/start has been intermittent for about 6/8 months. In adittion about 6 or 8 weeks ago a screen message told me I had an engine fault and a repair was needed. Returned to the dealer who couldn’t find a fault but I noticed that after that examination the stop/start worked without hesitation for a full day. It then stopped working completely. Returned to dealer. I then received a phone call from a receptionist who told me that the reason it didn’t work was because the battery was only 72% charged and in order for the stop/start to operated the battery should be at least 75% charged. She also said that she had a Grandland and her stop/start didn’t work because of the same problem. However, all of the forum sites that I have read up to this time have indicated that it is a battery fault that causes this problem. I am going back to the dealer tomorrow.
Ticket9592

Post by Ticket9592 »

One son in law has a BMW X5, only drives local (8000 miles year) and the stop/start operates without fault. Another son in law has an Audi, only drives local (4000 miles year) and the stop/start operates without fault. I have driven 7100 miles in 10 months and the stop/start doesn’t work. I find it hard to accept the explanation from the dealer that the battery has be 75% charged before the stop/start operates. What is the point of having this facility if it doesn’t work every time. Just change the battery supplier.
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Does not sound right. Mines 4 months old with 4000 miles and I don't have any issues. It works when it should. Think I'd demand a new battery to start with.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all. I too have issues with the stop start on my Grandland sport nav, auto diesel. This system hasnt really worked for months. Took the vehicle to my local vauxhall dealer last week and explained the issue. They recommended the vehicle be plugged into the diagnostics machine to see if any faults were present, but did say that if nothing was found i would be liable for the cost....... on a vehicle less than 12 months old,..... i dont think so.
I have read on here that this is quite a common fault, and seems to be connected to battery power. You would think that Vauxhall would provide a battery and recharging system that was suitable to keep powering all these gadgets, lights, auto tailgates etc that they fit on the vehicle. I have booked in to get the vehicle checked at the end of March.... will keep you informed of what happens.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Hello Mine has started to not work again after being stood for 1 week at the airport I have given the car four x 100 mile runs and still no response from eco mode not good I think!
Caladave

Post by Caladave »

Didn't realise I had stop/start has it has never kicked in since I bought the car in October 2018. I notice that eco minutes in the info panel is zero and everytime I stop at lights the green eco indicator on the dash flashes but the engine does not stop the engine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post