Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Iv put on this page the Battery that’s fitted in my car .Check yours and see if the same .If so don’t think it’s the AGM .Still waiting on someone confirming what type it is
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi Guys, just been and looked at battery on my Grandland. Its black, says Varta on the top and is L3 EF 12v 70ah 760A (en). Not adequate in my opinion for vehicle, hence s/s never working.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Thought it would be .My Dealership told me iv got the AGN One Liars Yesterday They never even lifted the Bonnet and said there is no parts yet for the Nav update
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

My battery is as above. EF 12V 70Ah 760A (EN).
Does one take it that the EF stands for being An EFB type?
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Think so it’s not the A G M type that solved the fault

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Battery.jpg

This is my battery for MY19.5 1.2 petrol auto. Stop / start has always worked fine.

I've always assumed diesel engines had different batteries, but maybe not these days.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Yes this is the same one as me and my daughters cars have Her Stop & Start works great now took her car out today .Worked every time .She says she read that a lot of the Grandland Battery’s are not very reliable and these have been changed to the AGM 1 I’m getting in touch with my dealership again on Monday to make a complaint about the booking I hade on Friday .They say iv got the AGM one without even looking I Now know it’s not.I was told to drive drive and drive and it will work .I did a 500 mile round trip and it never worked then 2 days later half a mile and it worked seems temperamental works then doesn’t.The battery is not fit for purpose and a lot of Grandland drivers having the same issue need to all Phone and complain and then we all might get an upgraded battery

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Its just sooo frustrating, and Vauxhall dont seem to be interested.
Maybe somebody should bring this issue to the attention of the Bbc Watchdog series. They seem to get to the bottom of these problems.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Andy, sounds a good idea.

When I bought my 1.4 Mokka Elite Nav just after it came out it came with Bi-xenon headlights as standard. About a month after these were removed as standard, but they still came fitted to my car. It became apparent very early that there was a problem in that owners with these headlights were regularly getting flashed at by oncoming vehicles. Also when you pulled up behind someone you could notice the light beam bouncing. There were many complaints about this on the forum but Vauxhall denied there was a problem. In the end a forum member wrote to Autocar and lo and behold an article appeared in the magazine. Not long after Vauxhall came up with a software fix and all was OK.

Then came the early 1.4 Mokka X which I changed too. There was clearly a problem with this in there were a huge amount of complaints on the forum of owners stalling the car and pulling away as though there was kangaroo petrol in the tank. This was a danger in that people were stalling their cars when pulling out of junctions or entering roundabouts. It happened to me a couple of times. Vauxhall's reply was that people were not driving it properly and needed to change ones driving technique. That took a year to resolve as it seems there was software to protect the dual mass flywheel. Surprise, surprise, a software fix came out. There was no recall and you had to ask for it to be installed. This I did and it transformed the cars drive-ability.

It seems I have not learnt my lesson and here I am with a Grandland X with what appears to be a battery problem if you do not drive a high mileage.

I think I've got the message well and truly now Vauxhall. After many years of owning many Vauxhall models and been very pleased up until recent years I've had enough.

Sorry about the long saga one and all, but I've just about had enough and this will be my last.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Will only get worse now Vauxhall have been sold .Its just a pity the person whom wrote to Auto car was not a member of the Grandland forum .Then we could ask him for his support in whom he contacted or have home do the honours of contacting them for us

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post