Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Steviec69 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm Hi Mark. Can you recap what you did to cure the Stop/Start issues please?
Hi Stevie.

I just became a total pain to Vauxhall both at dealership and to the CEO. Eventually they replaced it oj about 6months plus ago. It has never failed the stop start works all the time except for the accepted reasons.

I put the battery details a couple of pages back.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey Mark.C since we last spoke and you got yours sorted after both of us chatting on here mine has still not worked. The Stop start worked a few times then stopped with the replacement battery which I still think was not the correct one. I am going to wait until the dealership near me get Vauxhall equipment then will try them. Fingers crossed they will replace it again but not holding out much hope.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Steviec69

Post by Steviec69 »

Hi Mark. So just to clarify they swapped your battery for the below and this has done the trick? Did they reprogram anything?

Peugeot Citreon battery
L3D EFR
70AH / 760A (EN)
12V
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Hi Stevie

As far as I am aware no reprogramming was done, unless they were being economical with the truth. But I do get the feeling as none was done as I was never off their backs.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
spiro

Post by spiro »

Hi,
I reported earlier that I had a new battery fitted and that did not solve the stop start issues but the dealership did find that the condenser in the starter motor was faulty and this can cause the stop start not to work. I have had the new starter motor fitted for some weeks now and the issue seems to be resolved (I hope) and bearing in mind that the car is not used a great deal at the moment stop start kicks in after about 15 minutes driving.

Bear in mind that I have the 2ltr diesel but I thought it was worth mentioning

Dave
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HI Spiro, Thanks for letting us know.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
spiro

Post by spiro »

I should have said capacitor/condenser and my stop start is still working perfectly. I am assuming that this issue has now died down due to the lack of posts or is it that everyone is putting up with the problem, It would be interested to know if the issue has been resolved?
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Mine still doesn't work. I have not bothered any further with it.
new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

I suspect a lot of people have given up rather than the issue having been resolved. This is the second vehicle of mine in succession that has had stop start issues. I seem to be continually at the dealership, but never seem to get anywhere. Last visit they charged battery again. Since then it has worked some days and other days it doesn’t. The battery has a CCA figure of 760, does anyone know if the battery should maintain this figure, as on occasions when mine hasn’t worked and the battery has been tested the CCA has been 320, 694 and 605.

After all these years of buying Vauxhall, my next vehicle is likely not to be a Vauxhall. How can I be confident with a possible electric vehicle purchase if they can not resolve stop / start issues on the current range of vehicles!!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987
nigelbrooks

Post by nigelbrooks »

Then whatever you do, don't buy a Ford. I m waiting for delivery of my GLX and currently moderate the Ford Kuga forum. Not only are Fords notorious for the stop/start not working (or at best working intermittently at best) but their first foray into electric vehicles, the PHEV Kuga) had had three full recalls already for replacement of key components in the battery system. Nothing major, just the risk of explosion! Plus the best that anyone has recorded running in 'electric only'' mode is a 'whopping' 37 miles by feather-footing at under 30 mph.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post