Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

I don’t think they will come up with a fix .I got them to take pictures of the battery last fitted by them and I pointed out it’s not an AGM one It’s got on it Vauxhall Regular EFB I asked to show me where it’s got AGM .I was told there top Tech guy will investigate Probably take car on a 200 mile trip like they wanted to do before also before this put it on charge all night then say. All if fine Working no fault .Until I drive home .Park overnight.Then back to no S&S Why they need car for 2 days ?? And give me a new Corsa 20plate scratched back door bumper scratches rear passenger door all scratched and a big chip on passenger side door I pointed every mark on it also no fuel in it Glad I stay 1 mile from them as they will have it back with 2 miles iv done
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I am not letting them get away with not enough miles driven like they said to me last time its not a valid excuse. Even with the battery replaced it wasn't a AGM so until that's done I am going to carry on. My Old Mokka X I did the same miles with AGM battery it had from new worked all the time. Yes it may be a different car but same process.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Originally wanted my car for 2 days Phoned me 4.30 cars ready and I have to many gadgets plugged in This is why my battery is only at 76% needs to be over 78% to work .Iv heard it all now not driving enough.Now two many gadgets plugged in even although iv got them of and my phone wire they never had my phone so I asked what gadgets plugged in as only dash cam works and they kept saying correct battery is fitted but couldn’t answer my question about they say they last time car was in an AGM battery was fitted There reply was I don’t know who you felt with last time but it’s correct battery and more or less say Drive Drive Drive so I knew it was going to be another waist of time
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I will let you know how I get on tomorrow but not holding out much hope.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Yes please let me know as there is loads of others with same issues

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

JUST HAD THIS REPLY FROM Vauxhall Executive support Management

Thank you for your further email.

The time-frame provided is to ensure sufficient time is set aside when creating the booking within the dealership.

I have spoken to Carl, a Service Advisor at Evans Halshaw Edinburgh, who have confirmed the recall for the sat nav update has been completed and the stop/start concern reviewed.

Carl advised the battery was checked, they charged it up and confirmed this is the correct battery for your vehicle, with their internal Parts Department advising this is an AGM battery.

However, the battery does need to be at a certain percentage for the stop/start to operate, which also takes into account various other factors, including the use of the available ports. I would also politely refer you to your vehicles owner’s manual, to review the operation of the stop/start feature.

At this time the dealership have advised there is no concern with the stop/start feature, but advise to take into account the above when in use.

If you do have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Emma Kemp
Executive Support Manager
0800 026 0034
execccletters@vauxhall.co.uk

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Car back on Tuesday not fixed hopefully getting somewhere. I will post more information when I know.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Used car yesterday S&S worked every time Don’t know what they did but fingers crossed but still only think they gave it a charge ?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok Awaiting an update on possible fix with a service bulletin. Hopefully it lasts for you.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

The dealership have the service bulletin from head office and will hopefully contact me next week to tell me what is involved and how long this will take.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post