Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

I’m Glad I had my Knee Replacement done after getting a new battery as can’t drive for 6 Weeks could be longer .Being truthful Easier Getting a new knee than getting a battery from Vauxhall Don’t give in keep at Vauxhall’s customer service
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Update in that the person Vauxhal customer service manager spoke to was not the dealer service manager. I managed to speak to him this afternoon and he was unaware of my problems. He is going to look into it, but can't see why I can't update the battery. When I pointed out that there were many complaints on the Forum he asked for a link to be sent. I've also sent an email suggesting looking up EFB and AGM batteries on the Web.
I've got my car back late this afternoon from the dealer with a fully charged battery. Will see how it goes tomorrow. The driver who brought it back said the start/stop was working. It's a case of seeing how it behaves over time.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

I got my car back with the battery fully charged.Next day s&s Again stopped working .I Hope now that you have a manager looking into your issue.You get a replacement battery .I wish I could get out and about to really test the battery I got fitted .Because 1 day on an 18 mile round trip through the town it worked every stop so I just have to wait till I’m fit enough to test day after day then I’ll know my issue is fixed for sure
Dose anyone know what type of battery this is as when I was at dealership they said I’ll be happy now that iv got an AGM Battery Fitted

Vauxhall Original Written on with A Opal Vauxhall crest Made in Germany
Battery EFB
4423996 12V 70 AH
720 CCAEN
670CCA(SAE/GS
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Well first day out since full charge done. Relatively short local mileage and s/s worked all the time. Needs to give it a while to see if this continues or if battery charge goes down and it stops working.
Deleted User 409

Well it's now 1 1/2 weeks since getting the car back from it's full charge. As I said above the S/S worked perfectly the first day after, even with the Air-con on. Couple days later I got the car out of the garage and had to put the heated seats and steering wheel on. This was just for a short while. Since then the S/S has failed to work, but not had the ECO message yet. Surprise surprise the dealership has not got back to me regarding battery problems and upgrade which they were going to look into. I've lost all faith in this car, which is a shame as it's a lovely car to drive.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Had the same problem Dealership always going to get back to me also Vauxhall customer service So in the end asked to speak to the complaints and 4 hours later got a call also same day car booked into dealership and arrangements for a replacement battery dealership phoned .Told me battery ordered took car in 2 or 3 days later and battery replaced .So my advice is contact Vauxhall tell them s&s only worked 1 day after dealership charged the battery .Now s&s has stopped working again and also say can’t listen to radio unless engine is running as keeps going into Eco Mode Don’t give up hope Vauxhall do know of this issue Get complaints involved

leng25

Post by leng25 »

Hi, I have a 1.2T Sport Nav Automatic delivered new at the beginning of October. Have done just over 500 miles of mainly short runs.
Stop/start has been working as described in the handbook from day one. The battery is a Varta 70Ah. I hope I am not tempting fate!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all. Interesting to read your experiences with dealership and Vauxhall. I tried several months ago to get my s/s issue sorted out but to no avail. I had a reference number from Vauxhall and spoke to my dealership too. I do agree with you that Vauxhall are aware of this issue but chose to turn a blind eye. I emailed Vauxhall the threads on this topic from this forum but was told that Vauxhall did not recognise or take notice of these forums. :!: why !!!!
My s/s still doesnt work and hasnt work for many months. It is such a shame as the actual car is a lovely drive. I just hope with winter round the corner the battery can stand the heater, radio, lights and maybe wipers on at the same time......... :lol:
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Email to Vauxhall a waist of time Phone give your reference number and ask to speak to either a manager or complaints tell them your s&s has never worked and you can’t even listen to the radio without having the engine running as it keeps turning of going into eco mode Vauxhall are well aware of this problem If not .Then why have I and others had replacement battery’s under warranty There tech department know all the issues with this model.You have done what’s been asked of you .Leaving your car overnight having the battery fully charged and s&s worked next day . So it’s either the the Alternator not working to full potential or it’s a faulty battery .But after being fully charged s&s worked for a day or so then stopped tells them there is a fault the Same scenario as I and others have encountered and we had a replacement battery fitted
I do hope you get them to acknowledge that they know there is an issue with these cars contact management .Another way is use Twitter to contact them use every available means you can

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Lock-N wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:16 am I got my car back with the battery fully charged.Next day s&s Again stopped working .I Hope now that you have a manager looking into your issue.You get a replacement battery .I wish I could get out and about to really test the battery I got fitted .Because 1 day on an 18 mile round trip through the town it worked every stop so I just have to wait till I’m fit enough to test day after day then I’ll know my issue is fixed for sure
Dose anyone know what type of battery this is as when I was at dealership they said I’ll be happy now that iv got an AGM Battery Fitted

Vauxhall Original Written on with A Opal Vauxhall crest Made in Germany
Battery EFB
4423996 12V 70 AH
720 CCAEN
670CCA(SAE/GS
Dose anyone know what type of battery this is

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post